Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-13-2019, 08:41 PM   #1
wjBLqf-_9
Enthusiast
wjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterwjBLqf-_9 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None
fields for metadata: synopsis, author's words, post scriptum, etc.

I have a huge calibre library of manually entered free content.

Most of my library items have multi line text for a variety of purposes. But the TOP-THREE are listed below:

1) synopsis
2) author's words
3) post scriptum

I have always used the brutally-simple approach of copy+paste into the "Comments" field. and this works.

Except as my library has grown closet to 10k titles, I'm finding the comments field used to make MY-OWN-COMMENTS as the reader. But this just creates sprawl in the comment field.

What's more, accepting the very good capability of Calibre... and the limitations that exist (i.e. stop comparing to sharepoint, no version control, no rollback, etc)

I wish there were "generic" muilti-line text fields available in the library. so I could glue the synopsis/authors words/comments to their respective fields.

I am real hesitant to start engineering my own custom fields.

My goal is to stay main stream so WiFi OPDS support doesn't break.

Any Thoughts?
wjBLqf-_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 10:18 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjBLqf-_9 View Post
I am real hesitant to start engineering my own custom fields.

My goal is to stay main stream so WiFi OPDS support doesn't break.

Any Thoughts?
Why wouldn't you use one of the existing custom column type definitions, such as :

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	169068

And when you edit a cell in the column you will be seeing something like this

Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	169069

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 01-13-2019 at 10:21 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert