Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-13-2013, 02:50 AM   #61
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Thank you very much, PeterT.

I don't understand where exactly I configure the driver in the KoboTouch plugin. Am I in the wrong place?

Also, in the KoboTouch plugin, I currently have: #myshelves, series
Is there a particular order in which I should insert #readstatus?

Although you don't use the other columns, as mentioned, they still must be present, correct?

My apologies for all the idiotic questions - it is all Greek to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
The columns are used to store info. retrieved from the Kobo (and to let you restore it to the Kobo as well).

I created 4 custom columns for use by david's utility plugin:
Spoiler:
Code:
Lookup Name: koboreadpct
Column Heading: Kobo Read Percentage
Column Type: Integers

Lookup Name: koborating
Column Heading: Kobo Rating
Column Type: Integers

Lookup Name: kobolastread
Column Heading: Kobo Last Read TimeStamp
Column Type: Date

Lookup Name: koboreadloc
Column Heading: Kobo Reading Location
Column Type: Text, column shown in tag browser

I created my "custom" column
Spoiler:
Code:
Lookup Name: readstatus
Column Heading: Reading Status
Column Type: Column, built from other columns
Template: {#koboreadpct:'cmp($, 100, cmp($, 0, '', '', 'Reading'), 'Finished', '')'}
Sort/Search column by Text

I then restarted calibre (required after column changes) and configured the driver
Spoiler:
Code:
Current Reading Location Column: #koboreadloc
Percent Read Column: #koboreadpct
Rating Column: #koborating
Last Read Column: #kobolastread

Strictly speaking I'm ONLY using the value of #koboreadpct so don't really need any of the other columns.

Finally I added the value #readstatus to the shelf value in the Kobo device driver (or the Kobo Extended device driver).

One final restart of calibre for safety and all is done.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:52 AM   #62
buffaloseven
Watching the Sky
buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That wouldn't have surprised me, as I realised when I saw you post that I hadn't actually tested this. But, a quick test on three books using the three possible methods worked. The methods are:

- Set the percent read column to 100 and use the store/restore option
- Use update metadata from the library list and set to finished
- Use the change reading status from the device list.

All three worked. And the book that was on the home screen, showed it as finished. I wasn't expecting that, but it confirms my theories on the tiles.

There might still be something going on, but I need to know which method you are using to mark them as finished.
Sorry for not specifying. I was doing the "Update Metadata" and setting it to finished. It did in fact set the books to finished, but the summary dialog from the plugin stated that no books were changed. I guess perhaps this is actually true since it's the DB, not the books, being changed but it isn't quite what I expected as a result.

TLDR: It worked, but the plugin confirmation led me to believe that it didn't.
buffaloseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:22 AM   #63
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffaloseven View Post
Sorry for not specifying. I was doing the "Update Metadata" and setting it to finished. It did in fact set the books to finished, but the summary dialog from the plugin stated that no books were changed. I guess perhaps this is actually true since it's the DB, not the books, being changed but it isn't quite what I expected as a result.

Good. I'll look at the count. If a change was made somewhere, it should be counted.

Last edited by davidfor; 06-13-2013 at 03:30 AM.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:26 AM   #64
eXistenZ
Connoisseur
eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo GLO
Quote:
I have to admit that I don't know what is going on.

Is the crash when you select the option, or when you press OK on the dialog to start it? Is it every function? The "Copy annotations" and "Device database check" are a little different in how they start. Do they work?

I'll try it on a Mac at work tomorrow.
Hi davidfor

I made some further test, Calibre crashed every time I select any of the function in the menu, the crash happens just a second after the window of the selected option appears, I select About Plugin, the info window appears an in a second Calibre shuts down (the same for every function).

BUT

I noticed that if the Glo is not connected, I can open the About Plugin, the Customization window and the help (the only selectables) without any crash.

As soon as I can take it, I will try connecting my wife's Glo(2.5.2), if it will work, I'll try an hard reset on mine.

Edit: I tried also the Beta2 an nothing is changed
eXistenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:43 AM   #65
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
With Kovid's helpful hints, I should have this fixed. I have attached an updated beta version for anyone with Mac to try. The other changes are on the Dismiss Tiles dialog. I corrected a checkbox label and added tooltips.
I'll give a try, because I was able to recover info about status/bookmarks in a kepub but it failed when I tried to store info about status.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:44 AM   #66
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffaloseven View Post

Same here, I hadn't read this before writing my previous post.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:00 AM   #67
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
I don't understand where exactly I configure the driver in the KoboTouch plugin. Am I in the wrong place?
I'm not sure I understand this question. Sorry. You seem to be configuring the driver correctly, the Kobo Utility plugin can be configured via Preferences | Advanced |Plugins | User Interface Actions plugins | Kobo Utilities and then the customize button.

You have added the plugin to the menus I presume? Preferences | Interface | Toolbar and then select which Toolbar(s) or Menu(s) you want to see the plugin in. Remember that there are different menus used depending on whether or not a device is plugged in.

Quote:
Also, in the KoboTouch plugin, I currently have: #myshelves, series
Is there a particular order in which I should insert #readstatus?
Nope. should be order independent.

Quote:
Although you don't use the other columns, as mentioned, they still must be present, correct?
No; you only need to create the columns needed (so in this case only the koboreadpct one). I just create them all because! (Also, by creating the koboreadloc and kobolastread, I am able to fully restore the reading info to the device if a reset is done).
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:01 AM   #68
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
Hi davidfor

I made some further test, Calibre crashed every time I select any of the function in the menu, the crash happens just a second after the window of the selected option appears, I select About Plugin, the info window appears an in a second Calibre shuts down (the same for every function).

BUT

I noticed that if the Glo is not connected, I can open the About Plugin, the Customization window and the help (the only selectables) without any crash.

As soon as I can take it, I will try connecting my wife's Glo(2.5.2), if it will work, I'll try an hard reset on mine.

Edit: I tried also the Beta2 an nothing is changed
So the help, about and customisation work when the device is not connected but don't when the device is connected? What about the two database options? They don't start in the same way as the other options.

In any case, looking a little more at what Kovid suggested, and the hint that the dialogs display before crashing, here is another beta to try.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboUtilities-1.1.0-beta3.zip (97.3 KB, 777 views)
Old 06-13-2013, 09:32 AM   #69
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I'll give a try, because I was able to recover info about status/bookmarks in a kepub but it failed when I tried to store info about status.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Same here, I hadn't read this before writing my previous post.
You've confused me! I don't know if it didn't work, or if the counts didn't match what you expected.

I might be being to smart with the counts. The updates are smart. They compare the current and new values and only update what is different. And the counts reflect this. But, I need to recheck they are all accurate titled properly.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:45 AM   #70
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
You've confused me! I don't know if it didn't work, or if the counts didn't match what you expected.

I might be being to smart with the counts. The updates are smart. They compare the current and new values and only update what is different. And the counts reflect this. But, I need to recheck they are all accurate titled properly.
Count is wrong, update I'll check this evening. Sorry about answers, I've been all the day discussing about software bugs... and trying to nail the responsible...
Old 06-13-2013, 01:17 PM   #71
eXistenZ
Connoisseur
eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo GLO
Quote:
So the help, about and customisation work when the device is not connected but don't when the device is connected? What about the two database options? They don't start in the same way as the other options.

In any case, looking a little more at what Kovid suggested, and the hint that the dialogs display before crashing, here is another beta to try.

Tryed beta3, same as previous.
With a kobo connected any of the options in the menu crashes Calibre, also the two database options, unplugging the Glo the only 3 options available works normally.

Also using a different Glo isn't better.

I'll try installing Calibre and the plugin on a different mac to see if anything changes
eXistenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:22 PM   #72
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My apologies for the confusion. I was suffering from tunnel vision and was thinking of the KoboTouch driver and not the Utilities driver.

Excellent point regarding the capability to fully restore the reading info.

Thank you very much for your help and patience.

Quote:
I'm not sure I understand this question. Sorry. You seem to be configuring the driver correctly, the Kobo Utility plugin can be configured via Preferences | Advanced |Plugins | User Interface Actions plugins | Kobo Utilities and then the customize button.

You have added the plugin to the menus I presume? Preferences | Interface | Toolbar and then select which Toolbar(s) or Menu(s) you want to see the plugin in. Remember that there are different menus used depending on whether or not a device is plugged in.

Nope. should be order independent.

No; you only need to create the columns needed (so in this case only the koboreadpct one). I just create them all because! (Also, by creating the koboreadloc and kobolastread, I am able to fully restore the reading info to the device if a reset is done).
Old 06-13-2013, 04:25 PM   #73
Skydog
Wizard

Well, I have followed everything PeterT generously outlined but no "Finished" shelf appears nor are there any entries listed under Custom Columns created in Calibre (v.9.34). I have double-checked all entries and confirmed that "auto management" of metadata is selected.

Also, when the Aura is connected these three options of the driver are grayed out:

Change Reading Status in device library
Manage Series information in device library
Show books not in the device database

There is something I am missing -- but I've no idea what it is. Any ideas?
Old 06-13-2013, 04:30 PM   #74
Smenk
Smenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
What seems to work is the following:

The only possible issue is that Unread gets set for all books that have nothing in the Read Percentage column.

The change was just to change the third parameter of the first cmp statement from '' to 'Unread'.

Much appreciated
Smenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:41 PM   #75
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Well, I have followed everything PeterT generously outlined but no "Finished" shelf appears nor are there any entries listed under Custom Columns created in Calibre (v.9.34). I have double-checked all entries and confirmed that "auto management" of metadata is selected.
Is the column for the "Finished" shelf displayed in the calibre library list? If so, what is in the column? Does it show "Finished" for the books you expect it to?

Quote:
Also, when the Aura is connected these three options of the driver are grayed out:

Change Reading Status in device library
Manage Series information in device library
Show books not in the device database

There is something I am missing -- but I've no idea what it is. Any ideas?
These actions are only enabled for the device list. They are acting against the device without any reference to the calibre library.

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities