Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 05-20-2022, 01:01 AM   #1
kakkalla
Zealot
kakkalla doesn't litterkakkalla doesn't litter

Device: iPad
MapleRead—Export ebup with all annotations etc.

Hi all.

I hope I am posting this in the correct forum.

I use MapleRead SE on my iPad and would like the answer to the following.

MapleRead allows me to add notes etc to the epub. I got to thinking the other day of how to backup my epub so that all the information added by MapleRead is backed up as well.

I tested on one epub by doing the following. I highlighted some sentences and added a few notes. I then went into "Export & Share" menu and selected "Email". I emailed the book to myself and then selected "Remove Book From Library".

In my email client, I selected the epub and opened it in MapleReader. However, the highlighted sentences and notes were NOT showing.

Is there a way to export the epub so that all the highlights and notes are kep with the epub file?

Thanks in advance.
kakkalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 06:49 PM   #2
skillachie
Addict
skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10" , Kindle Fire, Pixel 6"
Hey,

Most eBook apps do not save the notes and highlights inside the EPUB but are typically saved separately inside the app. The best bet would be to use the export highlights and notes option that I assume they might have to also back up your notes.
skillachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
annotations, epub, mapleread se, notes