Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 01-10-2007, 12:18 PM   #1
Kirys
Zealot
Kirys has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Boox M90
Smile JE-Comics Converter

I've made a small software for converting jpeg into pdf (mainly for comics) Edit that actually is now optimized for both iliad and sony reader.
you can get it at this post
If someone would like to give me some info for the optimal output resolution,mediabox,palette for the sony reader i would be happy to make it compatible also for it

Last edited by Kirys; 02-06-2007 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Now it has support for both the iliad and the sony reader
Kirys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:22 PM   #2
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
The screen-size is 90mm x 120 mm, I guess that 600x800 would work well.
This could be quite usefull for comics, if the images are resized well enough and the text is readable.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2007, 01:25 PM   #3
lint
Enthusiast
lint has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Reader
thanks for posting over here Kirys. To everyone, this thing prepares raw comic scans incredibly easy for our e-ink devices. Even the iliad outputs look fantastic on the Sony.

Kirys, here is a thread with some info on sizing comics for the reader. if anyone has any better numbers from experimenting please chime in.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ighlight=manga

-todd
lint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:26 PM   #4
lint
Enthusiast

also any chance you can add an author entry as well as the document title?
Old 01-11-2007, 01:29 PM   #5
Kosst Amojan
Addict
Kosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Thanks man, I've tried just uploading the jpg's of some of the comics I have and they are entirely unreadable on the reader.

Maybe I can reformat them but going through that process 20 or so odd times for each comic is a hassle
Kosst Amojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2007, 03:04 PM   #6
Kirys
Zealot

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosst Amojan
Thanks man, I've tried just uploading the jpg's of some of the comics I have and they are entirely unreadable on the reader.
what you mean exactly for unreadable? the file is damaged or the text is too small?

I've uploaded v0.2.0 that have initial support for optimized output for the sony,
This should display better on the sony.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:27 PM   #7
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
He said that with just jpg files it was unreadable, not with your converter.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 03:45 PM   #8
Kosst Amojan
Addict
Kosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Yeah, what Hadrien said. I haven't tried your converter yet but when I have the time to I'll look foward to it.

P.S. Hadrien I'm still working on those short stories, I'll tell you when I put them up.
Kosst Amojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 05:33 PM   #9
SeNS
Enthusiast
SeNS will become famous soon enoughSeNS will become famous soon enoughSeNS will become famous soon enoughSeNS will become famous soon enoughSeNS will become famous soon enoughSeNS will become famous soon enoughSeNS will become famous soon enough

Device: Google Nexus 7
Seems like you, guys, don't like a simple and fast way :-) Try to use JAP and forgot about command line crap/bat-files/shareware soft.
SeNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 11:38 PM   #10
lint
Enthusiast

"Seems like you, guys, don't like a simple and fast way :-) Try to use JAP and forgot about command line crap/bat-files/shareware soft."

care to elaborate? I think JE-Comics is as simple as it gets.

-lint
Old 01-16-2007, 12:25 AM   #11
lint
Enthusiast

Kirys, PRS support looks good so far. There is still about 1/4" on the left and right side and maybe an 8th of an inch at the top and bottom as wasted space. I tried a normal comic, then cropped all the white space from the same comic and converted it again. Same white space was there. Ill post examples...

(2001c.pdf = cropped comic)

-lint
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2001.pdf (2.48 MB, 730 views)
File Type: pdf 2001c.pdf (2.59 MB, 695 views)
Old 01-16-2007, 01:18 AM   #12
Kirys
Zealot

yes it is a bug that i'm try to figure it out, I think may be a bug of the pdf conversion library
Old 01-16-2007, 11:42 AM   #13
Kirys
Zealot

please check this pdf I made with a modified version of v0.2.0 and let me know how it works on the sony.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf test1.pdf (677.0 KB, 682 views)
Old 01-16-2007, 12:22 PM   #14
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirys
please check this pdf I made with a modified version of v0.2.0 and let me know how it works on the sony.
Your images are 770 high by 600 wide. This is too large to be shown without scaling by the Sony Reader and the proportions are wrong which is probably causing the scaled version to have extra white space as the Sony preserves the proportions.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 12:58 PM   #15
Kirys
Zealot

those are the sizes i've got from the manga post they suggested me to read :P
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ighlight=manga
If you can point the correct sizes I'll fix that