Notices

Old 10-30-2023, 11:41 AM   #1
jiembe
Zealot
jiembe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo; Kobo Libra
Lost the insertion of the css in header

Calibre 5.44

Suddenly this morning the editor stop adding css files in the header when creating a new file.
And in <title><title> the apostrophe is change to &apos;

Which is result in this
Quote:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<title>L&apos;Œuvre au noir</title>
</head>

<body>

</body>
</html>
Why ?
jiembe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 12:54 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
It Never did this automatically.
Once you have a CSS, you must use select the files that you want to link to a EXISTING stylesheet: right click on one of the selected: Link stylesheetS
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2023, 01:15 PM   #3
jiembe
Zealot

Sorry. I don't think we are talking about the same thing. Maybe I wasn't clear.

Until this morning, when creating through the calibre editor a new html file to add to a book it always add in the <head></head> of the new file the links to all css files already in the book.

The result should have been

Quote:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<title>L'Œuvre au noir</title>
<link href="stylesheet.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet"/>
<link href="page_styles.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet"/>
</head>

<body>

</body>
</html>
Old 10-30-2023, 01:22 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes. The procedure I mentioned PUTS them in that place.

You are posting in Editor...

Were you having this issue with CONVERSION ?
Old 10-30-2023, 01:43 PM   #5
jiembe
Zealot

Conversion ?

I'm in calibre editor. I'm working on an epub file upload in the editor and I'm adding and html (or htm or xhtml) file to that epub.

(I'm working in french and I'm not as quite as familiar with the English words apply to calibre and epub)
Advert
Old 10-30-2023, 03:21 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

I had to be sure.

Right click the book (section file):Link style sheets
The first is where yo right click. The menu item is at the bottom
The you should see something li #2 (it will list all stylesheets, but you only need link those you need for that file)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Edit-Link1.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	204484   Click image for larger version

Name:	Edit-Link2.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	204485  
Old 10-30-2023, 03:36 PM   #7
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
It Never did this automatically.
Once you have a CSS, you must use select the files that you want to link to a EXISTING stylesheet: right click on one of the selected: Link stylesheetS
I don't agree with that.
When creating a new xhtml file within the epub, the header and the stylesheet link are always created with the page. Never have I had to Link Stylesheets from the context menu for a newly created page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiembe View Post
Calibre 5.44

Suddenly this morning the editor stop adding css files in the header when creating a new file.
And in <title><title> the apostrophe is change to &apos;
Worth checking the following. In the Editor, go to Edit>Preferences>Editor Settings. On that page...
1. "Replace HTML entities as they are typed" is enabled
2. Click on "Change templates" and ensure the head tags are like this...
<head>
<title>{TITLE}</title>
</head>
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 03:43 PM   #8
jiembe
Zealot

Thank you.

Now I understand your explanation but I never need to use that procedure. As I said, until this morning, it was automatic at the creation of a new file: all css files present in the book where link in the <head> section.

Something change and I don't know what.
Old 10-30-2023, 03:48 PM   #9
jiembe
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
Worth checking the following. In the Editor, go to Edit>Preferences>Editor Settings. On that page...
1. "Replace HTML entities as they are typed" is enabled
2. Click on "Change templates" and ensure the head tags are like this...
<head>
<title>{TITLE}</title>
</head>
Yes that's what I have.

Should there be a reference to link the css
Old 10-30-2023, 03:59 PM   #10
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
No. It seems to be a separate process that adds that.
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 04:09 PM   #11
retiredbiker
Addict
retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Oasis, Pop_Os!, Jutoh, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Maybe too simple...when adding the file there is a line that says "Automatically add style-sheet links into new HTML files" — is this checked?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	addfile.png
Views:	49
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	204486  
retiredbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 04:50 PM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Learned something new (I almost always am inserting a file into existing, so that is the stylesheet I link to)
Old 10-31-2023, 07:36 AM   #13
jiembe
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredbiker View Post
Maybe too simple...when adding the file there is a line that says "Automatically add style-sheet links into new HTML files" — is this checked?
That's it ! Even the apostrophe stay an apostrophe (I can't understand the link) ! I thought it was a bad manipulation from my part and so it was.

Thank you all specially retiredbiker.