Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 07-01-2022, 07:13 PM   #1
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
How to re-dock viewer/browser windows?

With no intentional action on my part, my file preview window detached, followed by my file browser when mucking around trying to fix the former. How on earth does one re-dock the windows? I've spent 30 minutes searching the forum and Calibre's manual with no clue whatsoever.

EDIT: Nevermind, I solved it completely by accident. Why is this such a state secret?

Last edited by Skydog; 07-01-2022 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Update
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 07:56 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Perhaps you should share how you did it for future users?
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2022, 08:30 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
It has been the same fix for decades. Double click the title bar of the floating window,
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 09:03 PM   #4
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Why is this such a state secret?
Ha, if you think that is a secret, then you are probably not aware that you can also tab numerous windows in the same pane for quick access...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tab1.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	194685   Click image for larger version

Name:	tab2.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	194686   Click image for larger version

Name:	tab3.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	194687  
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 09:47 PM   #5
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
@theducks beat me to it. But I've yet to find it referenced in Calibre documentation.
Advert
Old 07-01-2022, 10:39 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
@theducks beat me to it. But I've yet to find it referenced in Calibre documentation.
Because this is standard operation for many programs. Just like many of the standard Key-stroke combinations.
Clicking column headings to sort (go ahead an open Windows Explorer/Nautilus ...
This is why we are driven Bat s*it when some developer invents their own for 'standards' that have been in use for DECADES
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 10:43 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
I am not surprised it is not mentioned. It is standard behaviour for applications that support docking.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 10:48 PM   #8
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Because this is standard operation for many programs. Just like many of the standard Key-stroke combinations.
Clicking column headings to sort (go ahead an open Windows Explorer/Nautilus ...
This is why we are driven Bat s*it when some developer invents their own for 'standards' that have been in use for DECADES
That makes sense. I must be a knucklehead because it was not intuitive to me and I've been using programs and computers since the CP/M days.
Old 07-01-2022, 11:09 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You dont even have to double click, there is a button in the title bar next to the close button that will undock/redock
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 11:17 PM   #10
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You dont even have to double click, there is a button in the title bar next to the close button that will undock/redock
Thank you, Kovid. The small "undock" button/square is present to undock but not available to "redock," only an "x" to close the window. (currently on a laptop)
Old 07-01-2022, 11:19 PM   #11
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
Ha, if you think that is a secret, then you are probably not aware that you can also tab numerous windows in the same pane for quick access...
You're right. Thank you!
Old 07-01-2022, 11:41 PM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Thank you, Kovid. The small "undock" button/square is present to undock but not available to "redock," only an "x" to close the window. (currently on a laptop)
Ah yes that's on windows, where it uses system window decorations and so doesnt have the button.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 06:40 AM   #13
rjwse@aol.com
Addict
rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle epub readers on android
I have great difficulty on my laptop 'grabbing' to widen or make narrower a docked window. I have to repeatedly try to find the double arrow (right and left) in order change the width of the docked File Browser or File Preview. I am using Ubuntu. Is there some key combination that instantly grabs these windows? Best regards, Pop
rjwse@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2023, 01:03 PM   #14
richo
Connoisseur
richo began at the beginning.

Device: KOReader on: Kindle Paperwhite and Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
It has been the same fix for decades. Double click the title bar of the floating window,
I am sorry but double click doesn't work for me, neither I see any other button just normal, min, max, close buttons. Running under GNOME 44 on latest Manjaro under Wayland

Please help me. preview window in editor got undocked when my system was not responding and now I do not know how to dock it back.
richo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2023, 09:22 PM   #15
fiore
fiore began at the beginning.

Device: none
Same here: no undock/redock button, no doubleclick, no doubleclick on title bar.

What do do??
fiore is offline   Reply With Quote