Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 11-12-2010, 07:46 PM   #1
plaisthos
plaisthos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
Stuck finding documentation for recipes

I am somewhat stuck on finde a documentation on the avaiable methods for the recipes. Sure I can look at the other recipes but a real documentation would be nice. Or should use a python try to use help() on the objects?

Another question: Is there any recipe which simply pulls a mobi file from the server? (I want to regulary fetch the news from a newspaper and to be to put my kindle to my computer in morgen and have my newspaper put on it)
plaisthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:17 PM   #2
TonytheBookworm
Addict
TonytheBookworm is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle 2, kindle 3, Kindle fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaisthos View Post
I am somewhat stuck on finde a documentation on the avaiable methods for the recipes. Sure I can look at the other recipes but a real documentation would be nice. Or should use a python try to use help() on the objects?

Another question: Is there any recipe which simply pulls a mobi file from the server? (I want to regulary fetch the news from a newspaper and to be to put my kindle to my computer in morgen and have my newspaper put on it)
Your best source of documentation is the forums and the built in recipes. Pretty much everything from downloading the basic to the complex has been covered in the forum. Do a search on Starson17 as well as myself. Let me put it to you this way. If i can learn this stuff in a short amount of time by reading the forums and asking questions (by posting my code and asking how to do so in so) then so can anyone else.

As far as pulling a mobi file to your kindle each day. What do you you think the calibre server that is constantly talked about does? It does that exactly. If you have a kindle 3 you can set it up to email the mobi file to your free kindle email address and it will automatically send it to you the moment it discovers a wifi connection.

So basically all your documentation has been provided you just have to do like the rest of us and read the forums and learn by trial and error Good luck.
TonytheBookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2010, 11:48 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
See http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual/news.html
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 01:37 PM   #4
marbs
Zealot
marbs began at the beginning.

Device: nook
about pulling a mobi file for a server. i think following this thread as it develops might help....
marbs is offline   Reply With Quote