Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 11-04-2023, 04:25 PM   #1
AudreyMedia
AudreyMedia began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Book file has many cut off pages

I didn't know where to post this but I've been having an issue where a book file has cut off pages in my eReader. I downloaded multiple formats of the same book and converted to other formats and had the same issue. I looked at the pages in Calibre and it seems they are literally cut off in the file. Like only the right half of the pages show in preview. Is there anything I can do to fix this in calibre or should I give up on this book?

The Book is Piano Book for Adult Beginners First Volume by Damon Ferrante if that matters
AudreyMedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 04:28 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Could these be images that are not coded to display properly?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 04:42 PM   #3
Foozle
Connoisseur
Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Having acquired a copy, it appears the whole book is nothing but images. The way the book is coded, not all readers will render it properly. In which case you can use a converter to make it into either a comic book-like format or a PDF, or you can just extract the images yourself and make a PDF out of it.
Foozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 04:42 PM   #4
AudreyMedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Could these be images that are not coded to display properly?
Hmm I'm not sure. Where would I look for that
Moderator Notice
changed large image to attachment
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2023-11-04-163928097.png
Views:	44
Size:	244.2 KB
ID:	204569  

Last edited by theducks; 11-04-2023 at 05:15 PM.
Old 11-04-2023, 04:47 PM   #5
AudreyMedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foozle View Post
Having acquired a copy, it appears the whole book is nothing but images. The way the book is coded, not all readers will render it properly. In which case you can use a converter to make it into either a comic book-like format or a PDF, or you can just extract the images yourself and make a PDF out of it.
Thank you, I will try converting to CBZ. Converting to PDF resulted in intermittent blank pages with pages showing the full thing but very small
Old 11-04-2023, 05:12 PM   #6
AudreyMedia

Unpacking the file to extract images and make a CBZ file has worked!