Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 10-22-2023, 11:44 AM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiore View Post
Same here: no undock/redock button, no doubleclick, no doubleclick on title bar.

What do do??
The titlebar on the loose child's window, not Calibre's window.

Something changed.
When I click the titlebar, Points now appear in the parent.
I dragged the loose window closer to the center, then the double-click worked to redock
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 12:45 PM   #17
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiore View Post
Same here: no undock/redock button, no doubleclick, no doubleclick on title bar.

What do do??
Are you also running Linux with Wayland as the poster immediately above you is doing? If so, switch back to X11 and see if the issue persists. I've played with Wayland and it is just not ready for prime time.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 04:25 PM   #18
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
. . .
Something changed.
When I click the titlebar, Points now appear in the parent.
I dragged the loose window closer to the center, then the double-click worked to redock
Double click title redock working here -- Win 10 Pro 22H2, calibre 6.28.1

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 06:04 PM   #19
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Double click title redock working here -- Win 10 Pro 22H2, calibre 6.28.1

BR
My test, was it did not really undock with a double click,thus I had issues redocking until I started someplace further away.Same OS and Calibre
Old 10-22-2023, 09:17 PM   #20
retiredbiker
Addict
retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Oasis, Pop_Os!, Jutoh, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by richo View Post
I am sorry but double click doesn't work for me, neither I see any other button just normal, min, max, close buttons. Running under GNOME 44 on latest Manjaro under Wayland

Please help me. preview window in editor got undocked when my system was not responding and now I do not know how to dock it back.
Likely Wayland causing the problem. Wayland has, for me, been pretty incompatible with Calibre. (Also mentioned above.) I think I remember Kovid mentioning that Qt didn't like it or vice versa, but I may be wrong. So I've been using (Ubuntu 23.04) X11 right along.

So I just fired up Wayland to see how it is now...first time in a long time. Actually, most of Calibre looks pretty good and useable with it.

BUT: The Check Book box does not work as usual, it is undocked and will not dock, as you describe. I'll not mess with my other dockings in the Editor, might mess them all up! Try X11.
retiredbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 10:17 PM   #21
theducks
Well trained by Cats

There is no Dock or UnDock button.
You simply double click the titlebar
Old 10-27-2023, 02:49 AM   #22
fiore
fiore began at the beginning.

Device: none
Yep. Switched back to Xorg and --- bingo!

Double Klick on window bar; now 'File Browser' and 'File preview' are back in the main 'Edit Book' window.

Thanks a lot!!

[Ubuntu 23.04, now back to Wayland ]
fiore is offline   Reply With Quote