Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 10-03-2023, 09:01 AM   #1
FicDragon
FicDragon began at the beginning.

Device: Andriod tablet
Text search "Find Next" buggy in 6.27

Hello!

I updated a few days ago to v6.27 from v5.29, and noticed I'm having an issue with the text search feature (the one in the dedicated box).

If I try to do a "Next" search for \:\s in a book - regex, all text files, not case sensitive or DOT checked - about 3/4 of the time it won't find all the occurrences, stopping at the end of a page and going no further.

BUT, if I use "previous" it finds then all, looping through the book. It doesn't seem to matter what I search for - and, the, whatever - it doesn't proceed through the book like the 5.29 version did.

Is there a new setting I need to use to get it to find every occurrence in the text of a book using "next"?

Thanks!
FicDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 09:25 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/2034900
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 09:32 AM   #3
FicDragon
FicDragon began at the beginning.

Device: Andriod tablet
Thanks, Kovid! Sorry to bother you!
FicDragon is offline   Reply With Quote