Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 09-10-2023, 10:44 PM   #1
lilycat
lilycat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Edit Book black screen, not functioning (Calibre 6.26 on MacOS 12.6)

Hi, I was in the middle of editing an epub in Calibre when it crashed while I was searching/replacing a regex. After it crashed I restarted Calibre and now when I try and edit an epub, the "ebook-edit" screen launches, but it's just a black screen and I can't interact with it at all.

I tried reinstalling Calibre to see if this would solve the issue, I also tried deleting the tweak_book_gui.json file , but neither helped. Please let me know if there's a way to fix this, I edit epubs very frequently on Calibre and not having this functionality is a big loss

I am running Calibre 6.26 and on MacOS Monterey 12.6.
lilycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 10:25 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This is caused by incompatibilities between Qt WebEngine (used by the viewer and editor) and the graphics drivers
on your system. Try updating the graphics drivers, if that does not work, you can try disabling hardware acceleration
by setting the environment variable QTWEBENGINE_CHROMIUM_FLAGS="--disable-gpu"
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote