Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-07-2017, 03:45 PM   #1
Robmonster
Wizard!
Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Voyage + Oasis2
Problem accessing Cloud Library on new Oasis

Hi there,

I have had a problem with my Oasis since initially received, and I am coming to believe it is either a problem with the new Firmware that gets auto-updated, a problem with my personal Amazon account or a combination of the two.

Long story short, when my Kindle first arrived I could see my cloud documents just fine, exactly as I would expect on a newly registered Kindle. Press the books, each one downloads with no problem.

At some point the firmware auto-updated to allow Audible support.

At some point later I noticed that I could not see any changed made to the cloud library. For example, if I emailed a book to another Kindle that i have i would usually expect to see that book appear in the Cloud/All section on my other Kindles so I can press and download it there. This did not happen. It never showed and wouldn't appear in a search.

Amazon support asked me to de-register and re-register. I tried this, and when I re-registered I could see nothing at all in my Cloud / All section. I could still get books to the device if I went to the Manage Your Content website and chose to manually Deliver them, but I couldn't see them direct in the Library.

Amazon are still looking into this since last Wednesday. Getting news or updates out of them seems impossible.

They tried sending me a replacement Oasis, but that has exactly the same thing happening.

So, I am asking you all, has anyone here with a new Kindle Oasis, and the new Firmware for Audible successfully registered their device to an account?

Would anyone be willing to see if their device will de-register and then re-register to the same account without any problems?

In my mind, it was working ok prior to the firmware update, but from a read through here lots of people are using the new firmware and I would have expected there to be reports fro others if this is a global problem.

Rob
Robmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 03:49 PM   #2
Robmonster
Wizard!
Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, forgot to add, it /does/ see my Cloud Collections. It's like it hasn't properly registered to the account, or isn't syncing properly. The battery usage is high also, which makes me think again that perhaps it's trying to sync over and over.

Anyway, I'#m hoping to either gather some support from anyone else facing this, or some reports from people who have quite happily de-registered and then re-registered, or Factory Reset since using the new firmware and got the device up and running.
Advert
Old 11-07-2017, 04:52 PM   #3
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Yes, I had this problem with newly added content. The Amazon tech said she could see pending deliveries in my queue even though they didn't show for me in MYK. She did something (I think cleared the queue and re-sent) and now things seem to be ok.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 05:31 PM   #4
Robmonster
Wizard!

Well, I /can/. use MYK, but cannot natively see anything in the library without that. It's only since the firmware updated and I de-registered.
Old 11-09-2017, 04:48 AM   #5
Robmonster
Wizard!

Is no-one willing to give this a try, or to at least confirm they have successfully registered an Oasis to their accout after it has been upgraded to the 5.9.2 firmware?
Advert
Old 11-10-2017, 12:23 AM   #6
gteague
Zealot
gteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toys

Device: kindle v1.0
well, mine came with the 5.9.2 firmware and since i brushed the screen by accident when setting it up and landed in chinese, i de-registered it and then re-registered it w/o probs.

/guy
gteague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 04:54 AM   #7
Robmonster
Wizard!

Thanks Guy, that's useful information
Old 11-10-2017, 06:50 AM   #8
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmonster View Post
Well, I /can/. use MYK, but cannot natively see anything in the library without that.
It's only since the firmware updated and I de-registered.
And have you registered it since then?
It must be registered to "see" your cloud library.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 08:09 AM   #9
Robmonster
Wizard!

Yes, it's definitely registered