Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-22-2018, 03:44 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
If you like the front light, you'll probably want to get pick up a Paperwhite (if you want to stay with Kindle). They've had some refurbished ones on Woot today for $40 – it was the Paperwhite 2 (not the newest), but I think it still has the same resolution as the Kobo Glo (212 ppi). (they're currently sold out, but they come back.)
Are you sure they ship internationally? I didn’t think they did.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:01 AM   #17
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad Plante View Post
One thing you can do to keep it from flashing when the clock changes is to change the setting under Reading Options -> Page Refresh to on. That way it will refresh the screen with every page turn so that the clock won't trigger a page refresh. You get more refreshes when you turn pages, but just when you turn pages is what I've been finding so far.
that's the first thing I did when I notived the flashes but it did not solve the problem, but turning the clock off did.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:27 AM   #18
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
I have a little battery operated flexible light that clips on to my ancient Sony eReaders, If I recall, I bought it fairly cheaply at a local department store. You might find something like that preferable to turning on a room light, especially if you have a sleeping partner who has to go to work in the morning!
I had one of those when I had the lbook, but I have sold it when I bought the glo since I was not using it anymore. I have a lamp with a clip (the kind that is usually used to clip on a desk) but I have it on my headbord so I can point it directly to the book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
If you like the front light, you'll probably want to get pick up a Paperwhite (if you want to stay with Kindle). They've had some refurbished ones on Woot today for $40 – it was the Paperwhite 2 (not the newest), but I think it still has the same resolution as the Kobo Glo (212 ppi). (they're currently sold out, but they come back.)
I only bought the kindle because of kindle unlimited, I was using a tablet for that, but now the kindle is not to expensive and I do prefer to read in eink, that'ts the only reason I bought it. For the books that I buy I have the glo.

The paperwhite was to expensive to use only a few months a year, has I usually subscribe to KU when my wish list is long and when I finish with it I cancel the subscription and then read the books that I bought in the glo.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:39 AM   #19
Shad Plante
Groupie
Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shad Plante ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 6th Gen Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest@de View Post
that's the first thing I did when I notived the flashes but it did not solve the problem, but turning the clock off did.
It doesn't seem to happen as often this way, but you are correct that it doesn't fix the problem.
Shad Plante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:11 PM   #20
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I love the clock feature. i have no flashing at all for some reason
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 07:55 PM   #21
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
I have a little battery operated flexible light that clips on to my ancient Sony eReaders, If I recall, I bought it fairly cheaply at a local department store. You might find something like that preferable to turning on a room light, especially if you have a sleeping partner who has to go to work in the morning!
Never could get a good angle on those that provided relatively even lighting with no shadows. So happy when I got my Paperwhite 2.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote