Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-06-2017, 09:13 PM   #61
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I have no problem using their app. If you don't like it you don't have to use it.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 09:31 PM   #62
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I enter the book's title in the search bar and click "buy." Just like I do on every website except the others don't give me $5 off any book.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2017, 09:39 PM   #63
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
I picked up "Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell" by Susanna Clarke. Current price: $5.03, minus $5 code = $0.03. Seems like a decent deal.
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 10:18 PM   #64
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I didn't get an email. But clicked on the birthday banner and it added the deal to my account.

ETA: Wish these worked with pre-orders. All of the books on my wishlist are either less than $5 or not released yet.

Last edited by library addict; 03-06-2017 at 10:25 PM.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 12:20 AM   #65
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I didn't get an email. But clicked on the birthday banner and it added the deal to my account.

ETA: Wish these worked with pre-orders. All of the books on my wishlist are either less than $5 or not released yet.
I used mine on Judith McNaught's books. $6.99 = $1.99 after Coupon.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2017, 01:54 AM   #66
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I used mine on Judith McNaught's books. $6.99 = $1.99 after Coupon.

Sent from my XT1528
I've got a few I could get if I find nothing else. But everything I want is $4.99 or under. Even a few that are normally more ($5.99 or $6.99), Google has on sale at the moment
Old 03-07-2017, 10:56 AM   #67
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
So how much more are they going to give us for having to navigate their byzantine interface, being unable to filter or sort adequately so that we can find something that we're interested in and, in general making our shopping experience with them at least tolerable, if not better?

In other words, to me it ain't worth the hassle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
I enter the book's title in the search bar and click "buy." Just like I do on every website except the others don't give me $5 off any book.
I agree with GtrsRGr8 that the Google Play store is not a good store for browsing. Browsing is better on other stores. For example, on the Kobo store you can click on a Mystery category and then narrow down to a subcategory (such as "cozy" or "thriller"), and once you get to the category you want, there are several different sorting options. On Google Play all you can do is search and hope something comes up you might want.

I use the Google Play store mainly if there is a specific book or author I already know I am interested in.

So far I have not received this month's coupon.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 03:52 PM   #68
specficwriter
Groupie
specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro
Has anyone tried the $5 off for more than one book? I used the credit yesterday and then went back in today and priced another book and it showed me its price with another $5 credit.

Are they going to come looking for their $5 later on?
specficwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 04:15 PM   #69
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by specficwriter View Post
Has anyone tried the $5 off for more than one book? I used the credit yesterday and then went back in today and priced another book and it showed me its price with another $5 credit.

Are they going to come looking for their $5 later on?
There was another recent $5 off that expired around April 1st. Maybe you had that one too?
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 04:29 PM   #70
specficwriter
Groupie
specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.specficwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
There was another recent $5 off that expired around April 1st. Maybe you had that one too?
Maybe so! I didn't realize it if I did though...
specficwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 05:44 PM   #71
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Thanks for posting! No email here, but the offer was there in the Play Store app, picked up a non-fiction book I really wanted, but didn't want to spend $14.99 on. $9.99 was doable!

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 11:40 PM   #72
LJJohnson
Groupie
LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LJJohnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: -- Home is where the RV stops (Texas ~6 months/year)
Device: Kindle Fire HDX, Fire HD, Paperwhite,Android & Windpws phones
I was able to use 2 of the $5.00 coupons (2 accounts), and on one, I got an additional $3.00 coupon. Did some series fill-in.
LJJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:47 AM   #73
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Used one of my $5 codes to buy a book released today. Sadly they took the one which expired April 1st. So now I have to find another book to use the code which expires on March 24th

I had planned to use the second code on a book coming out on 3/28 as I erroneously thought they would use the code which expires first. I did not see a way to select the coupon code.
Old 03-21-2017, 07:37 AM   #74
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Used one of my $5 codes to buy a book released today. Sadly they took the one which expired April 1st. So now I have to find another book to use the code which expires on March 24th

I had planned to use the second code on a book coming out on 3/28 as I erroneously thought they would use the code which expires first. I did not see a way to select the coupon code.
When I used one of mine, the payment page had a drop-down menu for credits. The later-expiring one was selected, probably because I got it first. But it could be switched to the other (I had to check my rewards page to verify the name of each code, since it wasn't obvious).
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 08:24 AM   #75
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
When I used one of mine, the payment page had a drop-down menu for credits. The later-expiring one was selected, probably because I got it first. But it could be switched to the other (I had to check my rewards page to verify the name of each code, since it wasn't obvious).
It just had the lower cost. I could change payment methods (from credit to my credit card) but that was it.

I finally found another book. I've been trying to be good and not buy any new-to-me series, but I broke this rule. Oh well