Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-05-2018, 06:29 PM   #1501
ladyoflorien
ladyoflorien began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
The Goodreads plugin is allowed by Goodreads. All the synchronized columns are set up. I get the following error message when I try to update the reading progress of a book.

calibre 3.26.1 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.17134-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.17134')
Python 2.7.12+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.17134', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Goodreads Sync (1, 12, 0) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 0, 2) && Kobo Books (1, 3, 0) && QuarantineAndScrub (3, 6, 103) && Kobo Utilities (2, 6, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 3)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.dialogs", line 737, in action_button_clicked
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 1074, in apply_actions_to_calibre
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 1228, in _apply_custom_column_changes_to_books
KeyError: u'goodreads_review_text'
ladyoflorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 08:14 PM   #1502
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyoflorien View Post
The Goodreads plugin is allowed by Goodreads. All the synchronized columns are set up. I get the following error message when I try to update the reading progress of a book.

calibre 3.26.1 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.17134-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.17134')
Python 2.7.12+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.17134', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Goodreads Sync (1, 12, 0) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 0, 2) && Kobo Books (1, 3, 0) && QuarantineAndScrub (3, 6, 103) && Kobo Utilities (2, 6, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 3)
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.dialogs", line 737, in action_button_clicked
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 1074, in apply_actions_to_calibre
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 1228, in _apply_custom_column_changes_to_books
KeyError: u'goodreads_review_text'
Now it has reached the Goodreads Sync plugin and the error is in it. You would probably get the same error if you started the progress update manually and did the same thing.

That error when Goodreads Sync plugin is updating the library using any changes you made on the update progress dialog. There seems to be a problem with the comments text entered.

Can you run calibre in debug mode, do the same thing and post the log? I should be able to see what is happening from that.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2018, 04:56 PM   #1503
ladyoflorien
ladyoflorien began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Now it has reached the Goodreads Sync plugin and the error is in it. You would probably get the same error if you started the progress update manually and did the same thing.

That error when Goodreads Sync plugin is updating the library using any changes you made on the update progress dialog. There seems to be a problem with the comments text entered.

Can you run calibre in debug mode, do the same thing and post the log? I should be able to see what is happening from that.
I have attached the log file. It should show me attempting to update the reading progress for one book. Please let me know if you require any other information. Before this, I didn't even know there was a debug mode. Nice feature. Thank you for your help, it is greatly appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: txt tmp6v8isj.txt (12.8 KB, 237 views)
ladyoflorien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 03:08 PM   #1504
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (landscape), Kobo Aura One
Hi David,
thanks for the quick fix. It works 95% as before which is ok for me.

But if you find some time ..
There is still some html in the first row (I can ignore that)
and each row is underlined, which looks a bit strange and blow the content up (but no issue when copy and paste)
Katja_hbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 05:42 AM   #1505
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katja_hbg View Post
Hi David,
thanks for the quick fix. It works 95% as before which is ok for me.

But if you find some time ..
There is still some html in the first row (I can ignore that)
and each row is underlined, which looks a bit strange and blow the content up (but no issue when copy and paste)
That actually sounds like you have updated calibre to 3.27 but not installed the beta. The first line comes from the plugin, the rest is part of the KoboTouch driver in calibre.

As to the lines, I was hoping that was just me I don't know where they come from. I have to look into it.
Advert
Old 07-09-2018, 01:34 AM   #1506
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (landscape), Kobo Aura One
Quote:
That actually sounds like you have updated calibre to 3.27 but not installed the beta. The first line comes from the plugin, the rest is part of the KoboTouch driver in calibre.

As to the lines, I was hoping that was just me I don't know where they come from. I have to look into it.
Indeed. When I read the release notes, it sounds that your fix is included. So I skipped the beta.

As far as I remember there were lines before as well but far less.
Katja_hbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 03:44 AM   #1507
Chris_Snow
Zealot
Chris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kobo glo
Greetings Davidfor,

Using calibe 3.27.1 and koboUtils 2.6.0.

Noticed that the series info isn't updating on my Kobo Glo (a reader quite a few years old now). I have connected it many times, still no update to the series info. This seems to be since the last update (I think I updated both calibre and KU recently).

Anyway I used the "update metadata in device library" and that said one book updated (I expected the info to be there and it wasn't)

In my playing around, I opened "set related books". Don't know what this does. The device did something and since then I get a comm error when connecting to calibre. As follows...

Code:
calibre, version 3.27.1
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 510, in _books
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1773, in books
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 174, in get_database_version
  File "c:\t\t\apsw-j1n8vs\apsw-3.23.1-r1\src\cursor.c", line 1019, in APSWCursor_execute.sqlite3_prepare
  File "c:\t\t\apsw-j1n8vs\apsw-3.23.1-r1\src\statementcache.c", line 386, in sqlite3_prepare
CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed
My Glo is still working it would seem. I backup the Kglo db when connected to calibre, so I have a backup only a couple of hours old.

Do I restore my reader copying all the files in the zipped backup, or just the sqlite db file??

Ultimately, not sure exactly what is going on. The series info has always been added (updated) on the 2nd connection to calibre. Weird.

Thanks in advance for any assistance. Appreciated.
Chris_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:39 AM   #1508
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Snow View Post
Greetings Davidfor,

Using calibe 3.27.1 and koboUtils 2.6.0.

Noticed that the series info isn't updating on my Kobo Glo (a reader quite a few years old now). I have connected it many times, still no update to the series info. This seems to be since the last update (I think I updated both calibre and KU recently).

Anyway I used the "update metadata in device library" and that said one book updated (I expected the info to be there and it wasn't)

In my playing around, I opened "set related books". Don't know what this does. The device did something and since then I get a comm error when connecting to calibre. As follows...

Code:
calibre, version 3.27.1
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 510, in _books
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1773, in books
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 174, in get_database_version
  File "c:\t\t\apsw-j1n8vs\apsw-3.23.1-r1\src\cursor.c", line 1019, in APSWCursor_execute.sqlite3_prepare
  File "c:\t\t\apsw-j1n8vs\apsw-3.23.1-r1\src\statementcache.c", line 386, in sqlite3_prepare
CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed
My Glo is still working it would seem. I backup the Kglo db when connected to calibre, so I have a backup only a couple of hours old.

Do I restore my reader copying all the files in the zipped backup, or just the sqlite db file??

Ultimately, not sure exactly what is going on. The series info has always been added (updated) on the 2nd connection to calibre. Weird.
If you have a recent good database, restore it. You don't need to do anything with the other files as they should all be current. The, when you disconnect the device, restart it to force a reread of the database.

When it is back up and running, we can look at why the series info isn't being updated. It might have been an issue with the database. But, check the driver configuration to make sure the series update option is set.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:14 PM   #1509
Chris_Snow
Zealot
Chris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipse

Quote:
If you have a recent good database, restore it. You don't need to do anything with the other files as they should all be current. The, when you disconnect the device, restart it to force a reread of the database.

When it is back up and running, we can look at why the series info isn't being updated. It might have been an issue with the database. But, check the driver configuration to make sure the series update option is set.
Thanks. I'll give this a go when I get home tonight. So only the db file needs to be copied across (just to clarify).
Old 07-11-2018, 07:34 PM   #1510
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Thanks. I'll give this a go when I get home tonight. So only the db file needs to be copied across (just to clarify).
Assuming you haven't removed any books, then only the database needs to be restored. The other files in the backup the plugin does can be restored, but are unlikely to have been changed.
Old 07-12-2018, 03:08 AM   #1511
Chris_Snow
Zealot

Thanks for the help.

I got the dB restored and everything went fine. The series info still did not update on the 2nd connection. I tried a third, but also used the "update metadata in device library". That stated a 1 book update but a 0 book change??

Anyway, when I disconnected and looked at the device, the series info is now showing for that book. This is the 2nd time this has happened. This book is part of a trilogy. When I upload the three book trilogy to the reader, the 2nd connection again didn't show the series info, but a third connection did. Not sure what is going on as the 2nd connection has always worked. KU is a great plugin - use it all the time.

The series info is checked in the device driver part.

Again...thanks for the help. Sometimes tech gets the gremlins!
Old 07-12-2018, 03:41 AM   #1512
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I got the dB restored and everything went fine.
Good to hear.
Quote:
The series info still did not update on the 2nd connection. I tried a third, but also used the "update metadata in device library". That stated a 1 book update but a 0 book change??
I have to look at what is displayed to remind me what this means. But, it does make sense. Either that, or is shows that I can't count.
Quote:
Anyway, when I disconnected and looked at the device, the series info is now showing for that book. This is the 2nd time this has happened. This book is part of a trilogy. When I upload the three book trilogy to the reader, the 2nd connection again didn't show the series info, but a third connection did. Not sure what is going on as the 2nd connection has always worked. KU is a great plugin - use it all the time.

The series info is checked in the device driver part.
Firstly, I need to clear something up here. The Kobo Utilities plugin is not involved in the automatic setting of the series information. This is done by the driver. The plugin has an option to set the series info as part of the metadata update, but this has to be started manually.

The driver should be checking the series information for all books when the device is connected. If the calibre library and the device has different information, it updates the device. This means the book has to have been imported in to the library on the device. That is why you send the book, eject and let the import happen and then connect again to get the series info.

The main reasons it wouldn't do this is if the book on the device didn't get matched to a book in calibre. But, if it isn't matched the first time you reconnect, it shouldn't match the next time. I can't think of another reason for this to be happening. So, could you run calibre in debug mode and post the log? This will let me see what is happening and hopefully give me a clue. You can do this by right-clicking the preference button and choosing "Restart in debug mode". Do this, connect the device, send a book with series info, disconnect and reconnect. Then when calibre has finished its work, close calibre and the log will be displayed. Post the log or send it to me and I'll look at it.
Old 07-13-2018, 12:01 AM   #1513
Chris_Snow
Zealot

Hi Davidfor,

See PM's.

I connected the device 4 times. No series info.

Ended up using the "update metadata in device library" and got the following result...(tired to post an image but need to host it somewhere) so here is the text.

Books Update=4
Unchanged Books =0
Books Not on Device=0
Total Books =4

Note: At the end of the first log I put a comment between two solid lines, then added another log of the "update metadata in device library" process. This caused the series info to appear.

Thanks.
Old 07-13-2018, 12:28 AM   #1514
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Hi Davidfor,

See PM's.

I connected the device 4 times. No series info.

Ended up using the "update metadata in device library" and got the following result...(tired to post an image but need to host it somewhere) so here is the text.

Books Update=4
Unchanged Books =0
Books Not on Device=0
Total Books =4

Note: At the end of the first log I put a comment between two solid lines, then added another log of the "update metadata in device library" process. This caused the series info to appear.
I have had a look a the log and the following line tells me the problem:

Code:
DEBUG:   75.6 KoboTouch:books - prefs['manage_device_metadata']= manual
In the calibre preferences, on the "Sending books to devices page", you have the metadata management option set to "Manual management". With this set, the driver doesn't do the series info update or collection management on each connection. You should change this to the "Automatic management" for it to happen on each connection.

The above output looks fine and what usually happens if the driver doesn't do the series info updating, or you are updating other parts of the metadata.

For screenshots and other files, you can attach them directly to the post. The forum has storage and by attaching them, they are unlikely to go missing.
Old 07-13-2018, 02:50 AM   #1515
Chris_Snow
Zealot

Quote:
In the calibre preferences, on the "Sending books to devices page", you have the metadata management option set to "Manual management". With this set, the driver doesn't do the series info update or collection management on each connection. You should change this to the "Automatic management" for it to happen on each connection.
Not sure how this changed?? I don't think I've even looked in that place. As I siad, this has been working perfectly on the 2nd connection until real recently - only noticed it on the last couple of books. Damn computers have a mind of their own!

I wish I knew more computer stuff (like even how to read logs), but didn't get a computer until late in life, so there's no hope for me now

Really appreciate the help - especilly the detailed pointers to get me going. I needed them.

Quote:
For screenshots and other files, you can attach them directly to the post. The forum has storage and by attaching them, they are unlikely to go missing.
Thanks for pointing this out. I've found the attachment thingee now, so hopefully for the next time I'll be good to go.

Cheers - CS

Last edited by Chris_Snow; 07-13-2018 at 02:56 AM.

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities