Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-18-2019, 04:32 PM   #31
stuartjmz
Contrarian
stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O2 v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
If you look up the book on the Kobo website, there is an "About this book" panel below the synopsis that shows the word count.
Thank you! Would Alanis say that it was ironic I hadn't read that?
stuartjmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 03:55 AM   #32
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Yotaphone 2
I'll try to update the list thread index shortly.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 11:14 AM   #33
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
If you use Calibre there is a word count plugin (I'm not at my personal computer so I don't have a link right now.)

For library books, I use two locations for word counts: https://www.bookshout.com/ or http://www.arbookfind.com/ (select parent and then search)

Neither is perfect but they work.
Yes, thanks for replying on this.

I use the Calibre plugin and bookshout or sometimes http://www.wordcounters.com/ to determine word counts. This uses an algorithm to estimate the word count so I prefer another method where possible.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 01:16 PM   #34
Dazrin
Hey! Who took my cookie?!
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW2, various Android devices
Right, Readinglength.com also give a word count but it just uses 255 words/page instead of actually counting them (or at leasst pseudo counting them.)
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 12:46 AM   #35
stuartjmz
Contrarian
stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stuartjmz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O2 v2
Just finished the first of my (mostly) non-English books for my 2019 challenge, and gave it 4 stars on Goodreads:
This book was EXACTLY what it said on the cover: "An INTRODUCTION to Urdu poetry" For that reason, I give it 4/5 and a strong recommendation
...The point of the book is to INTRODUCE Urdu poetry to those who know little or nothing of it (like me), and it does a great job. Especially with all the links to online resources - recitals, videos, websites, translations, and more. The author goes out of his way to urge readers to treat his book as merely the start of their journey into the wonderland of Urdu poetry, and provides a plethora of pointers for furthering the traveller's trip, and makes the prospect VERY appealing.
... I urge anyone interested in poetry to read, listen, watch and learn.
stuartjmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:57 AM   #36
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3, PPW 2 3, HDX, KBasic 4, 5, 7 & 8, Nook ST, Glo, HD+, Echos
Finished my 10th book of the year already! Getting a lot in mostly because I'm still more or less laid up. Still struggling on purchasing though I've still limited them to current series.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote