Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-14-2019, 07:46 PM   #1
Antek
Antek began at the beginning.

Device: win 10 computer
ebook to audiobook

I use caliber to convert ebook formats to text formats and then I use Text Aloud and convert to an audiobook. my problem is that the text format results in too much wasted space and unnecessary headers and footnotes (ie. "page number") OIs there anyone that knows how to condense the text format? Thank You!
Antek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:43 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
First thing I would do is try alternatives to TextAloud - some can read the PDF files direct ==>> TextAloud Alternatives and Similar Software - AlternativeTo.net

If you are starting with PDF formats try to find an alternative, PDF is the worst place to start.

If you're stuck with PDF, search MR for 'Convert PDF'. You'll discover that are many ways to do it, but there is no optimal way for all PDFs, and many conversions will require more than one tool.

If you can get the book into EPUB/AZW3/KEPUB format there is a TTS to MP3 calibre plugin that may be of interest.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 01-14-2019 at 10:36 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audiobook, text format