Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-12-2019, 11:43 PM   #1
DavidFriedman
DavidFriedman began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Note SM-N950U
Hello and two puzzles

This is my first post here, and I was hoping someone could help me with my current problem.

I'm converting a book from Word to EPUB using Calibre. I have come across two minor problems that seem to be bugs, although I may just be missing something. I thought if I described them here there might be someone else who had encountered them. If necessary I can send the EPUB file for someone to look at.

The first problem is that at the end of some but not all chapters the EPUB puts a number. Sometimes, but not always, it is the number of the next chapter. It is not in my Word document, and I have found no pattern to which chapters it happens in.

The second problem is that Calibre ignores the Word style for Heading 2 and instead uses a much larger font. Heading 1 was supposed to be Helvetia 14 bold, Heading 2 Helvetia 12 bold, but instead Heading 2 in the EPUB was much larger than Heading 1. This seems to have something specifically to do with Heading 2--if I create another style with the same characteristics and use that on text, I don't get the same problem.

Does anyone here recognize either of those as a familiar glitch, or something I am doing wrong?
DavidFriedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 11:51 PM   #2
02xda2
moddedmad
02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hi DavidFriedman,

Welcome to MobileRead !

your puzzles have probable keys here
02xda2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 04:30 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi David and welcome to MobileRead.

Per O2Xda2, post your questions in our Calibre section and you’ll get quick answers.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote