Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-16-2011, 11:18 AM   #1
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
iPad Android knock off

Spotted this and thought it was interesting. One review site thought it might be priced at $250. It even has an IPS screen.

http://arnovatech.com/products/g2/ar...try=us&lang=en

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:05 PM   #2
Greg_E
Zealot
Greg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheese

Device: Acer Iconia a500, XP tablet PC
Arnova is the cheap side of Archos. As far as I know, it is still running Froyo and probably will not be upgraded above that version for lack of processor and RAM. Considering the issue that many of us have with Archos, and based on my little 43it "tablet" I won't be buying an Arnova product.

[edit]

I see it is running Gingerbread, but I doubt it will go above that OS.
Greg_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:11 PM   #3
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
Arnova is the cheap side of Archos. As far as I know, it is still running Froyo and probably will not be upgraded above that version for lack of processor and RAM. Considering the issue that many of us have with Archos, and based on my little 43it "tablet" I won't be buying an Arnova product.

[edit]

I see it is running Gingerbread, but I doubt it will go above that OS.
It is supposed to be running the dual core Rockchip 2918 which doesn't fare to badly in a match up with a Tegra 2. It is also ICE compatible. But who knows. But you are certainly right about Archos not having a stellar reputation.

I ordered an Arnova 8 G2 which is due here tomorrow and will let you know about the quality issue. Sometimes the world has surprises for us.

Regards - John
Old 11-16-2011, 04:59 PM   #4
Greg_E
Zealot
Greg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheeseGreg_E can extract oil from cheese

If you are not already a member, I suggest this forum:
http://forum.archosfans.com/
Old 11-16-2011, 09:23 PM   #5
baumgar
Banned
baumgar began at the beginning.

Device: none
Look great. But 1 GHz is not enough for some large game. Will look for another one with higher processor.
baumgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:00 PM   #6
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
If you are not already a member, I suggest this forum:
http://forum.archosfans.com/
I am a member. But good tips are always welcome and I thank you.

Regards - John
Old 11-17-2011, 09:55 AM   #7
Greg_E
Zealot

One thing to consider, check the Android Black Friday thread, you'll find a Best Buy leak and in it you will see an Asus Transformer for $250.

Also now that I have a Honeycomb device, I can say that Android still has a long way to go before it gets up to Apple reliability. And I will not buy an Apple product so it pains me to say that. I've crashed my Iconia tablet several times and only owned it for two days, I've found features missing and things that don't work correctly... Feels like my Archos 43it but bigger and with a better touchscreen. The display does look great though and I assume they will release another update that will fix the last few things, it is better than my 43it in several ways, but not as good in a couple of other ways.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:31 AM   #8
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by baumgar View Post
Look great. But 1 GHz is not enough for some large game. Will look for another one with higher processor.
Not everyone would get an Android tablet (or any tablet, for that matter) to play games.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:14 PM   #9
Greg_E
Zealot

I'm trying to find out how to remove the games on my a500, some of them are part of the default OS so I can't just uninstall them.