Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-23-2019, 08:38 AM   #76
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Strangelove View Post
I find it a bit confusing that the book browser shows the folders Images, Styles etc. with a first capital letter, although it has to be images, styles etc. in html source code.
Where on earth did you get the notion that they must be lowercase in the source code?? Your physical folders can be named anything you like (that is the only change in this regard with v1.0.0). Before 1.0.0, they HAD to start with capital letters.

The links in your source code would only be required to start with a lower case letter if the physical folders in your epub does. In that regard, Sigil v1.0.0 is exactly the same as the previous versions. The hrefs in your code, must match (case-sensitive) the physical file/folder names in your epub. It sounds like you've just run into an epub that came with lower-case folder names. If you don't like that, use Tools->Restructure Epub to Sigil Norm to put everything the way Sigil always did before open opening.

Remember that the tooltip in Book Browser will always show the names of the physical folders in your epub.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 12-23-2019 at 08:50 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 08:50 AM   #77
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
No, please re-read the release announcement and then go to Sigil Preferences Appearance and enable showing the full bookpath in BookBrowser.

From Sigil 1.0 and onwards, the original builder of the epub, determines where files and folders are located and what they are called. Sigil now preserves that layout unlike in the past where it would force the layout to be what Sigil wanted.

You will see the actual ebook relative path for the file in the epub in the BookBrowser after setting that Preference.

The BookBrowser is showing files not organized by their actual destination folder but instead organized by their type (ie. virtual"..) So the Images folder will show all images in the epub no matter where they are actually located inside the epub.

If you do not want to use the original epub author's layout, you can invoke the new Tool menu that will Standardize the epub structure back to what it traditionally was.

Then Sigil will continue to work just as before if you would rather work with the epub that way, not the way it was actually designed.

Your choice.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2019, 08:51 AM   #78
Dr.Strangelove
Dr.Strangelove began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 7. Generation
I noticed that it works when you start creating your epub in Sigil.
But it doesn't work when you open an already existing epub created by Writer2epub, which contains folders with small letters. Sigil shows Folder names starting with capital letters, which doesn't work when you use them in source code.
Dr.Strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 09:22 AM   #79
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I noticed that it works when you start creating your epub in Sigil.
But it doesn't work when you open an already existing epub created by Writer2epub, which contains folders with small letters. Sigil shows Folder names starting with capital letters, which doesn't work when you use them in source code.
Nothing is wrong, and nothing is broken. Get used to using Tools->Restructure Epub to Sigil Norm whenever you open an epub for the first time if you want to use Sigil the way you always did in the past without understanding what has changed in Sigil v1.0.0

Read the release notes and our last posts more carefully, if you wish to actually understand the things that have changed with Sigil v1.0.0.
Old 12-23-2019, 09:47 AM   #80
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
But it doesn't work when you open an already existing epub created by Writer2epub, which contains folders with small letters.
If you want to see the actual folder names in Sigil 1.0, select Edit > Preferences > Appearance and enable the BookBrowser should display full paths option.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2019, 09:59 AM   #81
Dr.Strangelove
Dr.Strangelove began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 7. Generation
o.k. thanks!
Dr.Strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 10:38 AM   #82
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

This was all mentioned in the Release Notes for Sigil 1.0.0, by the way. Just sayin'.
Old 12-23-2019, 05:55 PM   #83
Mister L
Groupie
Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Sony 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
MisterL

would you try using the right Ctrl key instead of the left Ctrl Key when you try to set that shortcut and let me know if it makes a difference?

I found a Qt note that says the Windows keyboard mapper code for some keyboardmaps will interpret a left Ctrl followed by a right Alt (or Menu) key as you using the AltGr key instead.

I was hoping to avoid that by you trying to set the shortcut only with the right Ctrl key andnot the left one to see if that impacts things.
I just tried it, both left and right CTRL keys give me the same (wrong) result, BUT, I tested with ALT GR and it registered CTRL + ALT + *, so apparently in some situations it does recognise the key, maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Found it. It was related to the fast tab closing fix. The current code works if you make the tab you are about to close, the current tab first. It assumes the closing of a tab always forces a new tab to become current.

This is of course is not what happens in this case at all.

So we need to change the logic to handle the case where the tab being closed is the current tab, and the case where the tab being closed is not the current tab meaning no tab switch is needed and therefore no break and make of signal connections.

I have a fix that seems to work in this case but it may break the fast close of tabs. I really need to sleep on this change and run more tests in the morning to see if it causes the old bug to return.

If not I will commit it.

Thank you to everyone who helped report the bug, figured out how to recreate it consistently, reported the platforms it failed on, etc. Without your help I don't think we would have been able to find the bug so quickly!
Amazing. Glad you were able to find it so quickly, sorry I was not able to provide any logs (still don't know why that is not working for me :/ but I guess it doesn't matter now).
Mister L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 01:49 PM   #84
TStadtmüller
TStadtmüller understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.TStadtmüller understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.TStadtmüller understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.TStadtmüller understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.TStadtmüller understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.TStadtmüller understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.TStadtmüller understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.TStadtmüller understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.TStadtmüller understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.TStadtmüller understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.TStadtmüller understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: Kobo Aura
a script to build Sigil on Linux (Ubuntu)

Dears,

as Ubuntu traditionally does lack behind with sigil versions, I (once again) did check out the instructions to build Sigil from the souce on Linux (Ubuntu).
https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/Sigil..._on_Linux.html
This time I have packaged these instructions into a little bash shell script.

It's tested with no issues on Ubuntu 19.04 and 19.10

see 'build_on_linux.txt' attached.
(had to use txt extension to upload to this forum)

just open a terminal
make this file executable with 'chmod a+x 'build_on_linux.txt'
and run it with no parameters to give you this basic help text:
------------------------------------
Usage: build_on_linux.txt [-noaction | -action]
-noaction: show the script command flow
-action: execute the script commands in order to
check for an exising sigil installation
create build structure in the current directory
download and install required build tools
download most recent sigil sources for git hub
build sigil from sources
install sigil (default directory is '/usr/local')
------------------------------------

Regards,
Thomas
Attached Files
File Type: txt build_on_linux.txt (5.6 KB, 99 views)
TStadtmüller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 03:19 PM   #85
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Would you consider adding the python modules that make up a complete Siigl plugin framework to your script? Otherwise they'll be left with a Sigil installation that won't be able to make use of most of the common plugins that are available
Old 12-28-2019, 11:42 AM   #86
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
I found a couple minor issues with 1.0:

1) The "Times used" counter in Reports/Images are all zeros regardless of how many times the image is used.

2) The inner border on some of the popup windows is not adjustable. For example (see attached) the left frame is maxed out and clips some of the titles. I think this is due to adding the path to the filename taking up more space than originally designed for. Also, I am using a large screen display (3840x2160) with all the font sizes maxed out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	208.5 KB
ID:	175922  
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 11:47 AM   #87
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
I definitely like having more options for the semantics assignment. Is there a list of "standard" assignments...for example, what would someone use for the list of "other books by the author"? I've been using "Bibliography" as the least wrong answer, but now I feel I have a lot more wrong answers I could choose....
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 12:23 PM   #88
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'll take a look at the missing image used counter in the Reports.

As for column widths, they are automatically adjusted to be wide enough to handle the longest item in that column. Growing the width will not change that. Is there any chance the font metrics info for the selected font, are missing or incorrect?

KevinH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post

1) The "Times used" counter in Reports/Images are all zeros regardless of how many times the image is used.

2) The inner border on some of the popup windows is not adjustable. For example (see attached) the left frame is maxed out and clips some of the titles. I think this is due to adding the path to the filename taking up more space than originally designed for. Also, I am using a large screen display (3840x2160) with all the font sizes maxed out.
Old 12-28-2019, 03:17 PM   #89
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Okay, just pushed fix for the image times used field in the Reports Images
Old 12-28-2019, 04:07 PM   #90
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Are you talking about the QListWidget that lists all of the available Reports Widgets so the user can select the report type they want.

If so it is designed to have a small fixed size on the left and not change with the report itself so that the every report is given as much screen real estate as possible. This is how Preferences are handled as well.

I could shorten the names of the Reports if that would help. And a scroll bar is there so that you can read the full report names if really needed.

I really do not want to give up more than the 200 pixels of width so that the maximum amount of space is available for the report itself, no matter which one is chosen.

KevinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post