Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 11:08 PM   #1
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Sigil 0.8.3 Released

Info and packages.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:33 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I just installed W7 X64
Advert
Old 02-01-2015, 02:41 AM   #3
thewitt
Zealot
thewitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thewitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thewitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thewitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thewitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thewitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thewitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thewitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thewitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thewitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thewitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iBooks
Thanks for your continued work on this guys. I love this software.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:03 AM   #4
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Great, I will update today. Good work.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:40 PM   #5
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
user_none

I installed v 0.8.3 yesterday and started using it to correct an 800 page epub. It appeared to work perfectly and then . . . I was working for about a day in proofreading and saving when suddenly I couldn't save. Sigil notified me that it was set to save only when there were no errors so an error must have crept in even though I could change from code view to book view without problems. I accepted the automatic clean changes and saved it. Then I started thinking about earlier versions that used to provide pages and pages of < and > unicode additions where they were not needed, in addition to numerous unwanted coding errors of various types. When Sigil announced that it was automatic, I mean there was no way to stop the correcting until finished. No way to see what Sigil was doing until finished and then I check in detail the 800 p epub.

I checked the epub for < > unicode and found only one unwanted error, and I don't know when it was produced. But perhaps I should start over on the proofing using a clean copy on my reader that hasn't been corrected by Sigil 0.8.3.? The same problem, though, could arise with further checking because eventually I need to save a copy that passes validation. Or should I try to turn off the automatic checking forever and see if the fully proofed copy will validate? Do you have any recommendations about this?

It would be ideal to be able to see what Sigil is doing before producing more 'corrections' automatically, that is, an option for a auto/manual corrections in place of the complete auto correct before saving.

Last edited by bobcdy; 02-02-2015 at 01:49 PM.
Advert
Old 02-02-2015, 02:18 PM   #6
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,

You can control automatic cleaning on open and save in the Sigil Preferences. Simply turn it off. Also, you can use FlightCrew to find any mistakes as long as it is well-formed. If not well-formed, you will be told about the error and asked if you want to edit it yourself as long as it is detectable. Sigil uses Tidy to do its cleaning (this has already been changed for future versions).

So did you try simply turning off automatic cleaning on Save? Alternatively, read back in the saved version and pass it through flightcrew now that it is well-formed. What did it report?

KevinH
Old 02-02-2015, 02:51 PM   #7
dynabook
Techno-geek
dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1 (Black), PRS-T3S (Black), Kobo Aura ONE
I have installed on my 10.10.2 Mac OS iMac. I am using the MagicPad trackpad and right-click (2 finger click) context menu will not stay on screen. It sticks sometimes but almost always vanishes immediately. Version 0.8.2 does not do this.
--MH
Old 02-02-2015, 03:46 PM   #8
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,
FWIW, I have no problems with my Apple Magic Mouse at all. If I right click (you can enable this in System Preferences) the Context menu pops right up and stays. Similarly if I left click and hold down the Control key it works perfectly as well.

Please try Control single-clicking on your TrackPad and see if that shows the Context menu properly.

User-none did have the *exact same* problem with his built in trackpad on his laptop as well. We think this is a bug for trackpads only that Qt 5.4.0 introduced as our code dealing with that has not changed since the earlier version and it works just fine with Apple Magic mice.

So try the Control single-click workaround and let me know if that works as it should. If so, you have a workaround and we can file an official bug report in Qt to see if we can get it fixed. You might also want to play with your trackpad settings in System Preferences and see if anything there impacts the issue.

KevinH

ps: I borrowed my daughter's magic Trackpad and was able to recreate the problem. That said, changing to use lower right or lower left hand corners for right click works as advertised, and so does using two fingers to tap (not click). The only issue is using two fingers to click and the Context menu does disappear quite fast. My guess is it is getting both a press and release event when "clicking" and is simply not expected by Qt 5.4.

So as an alternative workaround you could move to two finger tapping, or one of the lower corners (tap or click) and get things to work.

KevinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynabook View Post
I have installed on my 10.10.2 Mac OS iMac. I am using the MagicPad trackpad and right-click (2 finger click) context menu will not stay on screen. It sticks sometimes but almost always vanishes immediately. Version 0.8.2 does not do this.
--MH

Last edited by KevinH; 02-02-2015 at 03:58 PM.
Old 02-02-2015, 03:58 PM   #9
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
Thanks for the suggestions. I turned off auto save, and ran the corrected version through flightcrew and pagina epub checker - they indicated there wasn't any significant problems but I don't know if they will detect additions such as unicode that technically seems all right but gives the appearance of various unicode symbols in odd locations. The epub is likely fine, but I decided to redo the day's proofing of an unaltered version copied from my ereader to be safe.

Of course the problem was solely my own; the new version of Sigil seems to be a large improvement over v 0.7.4 that I was using but I was careless.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:05 PM   #10
dynabook
Techno-geek
dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1 (Black), PRS-T3S (Black), Kobo Aura ONE
Thanks. I got my trackpad to work with both two-finger tapping and control-clicking.
--MH

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Hi,
FWIW, I have no problems with my Apple Magic Mouse at all. If I right click (you can enable this in System Preferences) the Context menu pops right up and stays. Similarly if I left click and hold down the Control key it works perfectly as well.

Please try Control single-clicking on your TrackPad and see if that shows the Context menu properly.

User-none did have the *exact same* problem with his built in trackpad on his laptop as well. We think this is a bug for trackpads only that Qt 5.4.0 introduced as our code dealing with that has not changed since the earlier version and it works just fine with Apple Magic mice.

So try the Control single-click workaround and let me know if that works as it should. If so, you have a workaround and we can file an official bug report in Qt to see if we can get it fixed. You might also want to play with your trackpad settings in System Preferences and see if anything there impacts the issue.

KevinH

ps: I borrowed my daughter's magic Trackpad and was able to recreate the problem. That said, changing to use lower right or lower left hand corners for right click works as advertised, and so does using two fingers to tap (not click). The only issue is using two fingers to click and the Context menu does disappear quite fast. My guess is it is getting both a press and release event when "clicking" and is simply not expected by Qt 5.4.

So as an alternative workaround you could move to two finger tapping, or one of the lower corners (tap or click) and get things to work.

KevinH
Old 02-02-2015, 04:32 PM   #11
MickiTee
Guru
MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Pocketbook TL3, TL4, TL5
Thanks for the new release.

I have an enhancement request relating to new releases. Can you add either an automatic check for a newer version or a Check for Updates option to the Help menu? I think Sigil is the only software I use that doesn't have one or both of these options built into the programme. Its really frustrating to have to remember to check here in MR regularly so that I don't end up using an out of date version.
Closed Thread