Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-28-2014, 07:02 AM   #601
Whitewolf99
Whitewolf99 began at the beginning.

Device: none
i would try it on my pw2 but i have no idea how to run that script...
Whitewolf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:17 AM   #602
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewolf99 View Post
i would try it on my pw2 but i have no idea how to run that script...
The zip archive contains a single script, unpack the archive.

Read the first line of the script.
Does it invoke an interpreter? (ans: no)
In which case it is a shell command file.

One of the ways it can be run is directly from the command line:
sh -c name_of_command_file_here.sh

If you are running with the current directory on a file system that supports permission bits, you will probably have to mark the command file executable, if it isn't already.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2014, 03:47 PM   #603
Whitewolf99

thanks for taking the time to explain it, but i'm still not there yet...

i don't really know how to access the command line on the pw2. i guess i can run the script in shh with usbnetwork?!
i installed usbnetwork and i can connect to my kindle in mac osx terminal but i can't run the file.

[root@kindle root]# mntroot rw
system: I mntroot:def:Making root filesystem writeable
[root@kindle root]# sh -c removeinstall.sh
sh: removeinstall.sh: not found
[root@kindle root]# sh removeinstall.sh
sh: can't open 'removeinstall.sh'
Old 03-10-2014, 04:14 PM   #604
Hades77
Hades77 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 WiFi
you don't have to put the script to the root directory and do the mntroot stuff. Just copy it to the WAF-directory or anywhere else and ssh to your kindle, go to the directory and execute the following commands:
1. chmod +x removeinstall.sh
2. ./removeinstall.sh

alternatively:
2. sh -c removeinstall.sh

1. makes the script executable.
2. executes the script

Hades.
Hades77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:00 PM   #605
Whitewolf99

thanks for your help.
couldn't get it to work in mac osx, but it worked with winscp in windows.

after running the file komic started. i could read comics and change the settings.

problem is after exiting komic i have to restart my kindle since kual and settings menu both give the the whit escreen you see in the screenshots.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0965.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	659.3 KB
ID:	120119   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0966.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	641.6 KB
ID:	120120   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0967.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	504.3 KB
ID:	120121  
Advert
Old 03-13-2014, 02:42 AM   #606
beebo
beebo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I'm having some trouble... I installed everything needed and got the verification that Komic installed. I open up KUAL and see Komic there. But when i click "Run Komic v2.3" I get a popup that says "The selected application could not be started. please try again"

I've already tried restarting the device and nothing is happening. any ideas what i'm doing wrong?
beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 04:28 AM   #607
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When you connect to your pc with the USB cable, can you see a file named: /MNTUS_EXEC in the root of the USB storage?

If not, add one.
or
Use the most recent jailbreak, it will create it for you.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:46 AM   #608
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@knc1: Unfortunately, the file is at the real /, not the userstore root, so you can't check for its presence over USB .

@beebo: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not quite sure silver18 got around to finishing a ready-to-use release that works on the PW2 and/or recent 5.4 FW. Check the last few pages if you're feeling adventurous enough.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:46 AM   #609
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@knc1: Unfortunately, the file is at the real /, not the userstore root, so you can't check for its presence over USB
Thank you for the correction.

My bad, I should know better than try to answer a question at 3am local.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:27 PM   #610
beebo
beebo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@beebo: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not quite sure silver18 got around to finishing a ready-to-use release that works on the PW2 and/or recent 5.4 FW. Check the last few pages if you're feeling adventurous enough.
oops... didn't see the last couple pages.. sorry about that.. -_-
beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:07 AM   #611
cybtrash
cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.cybtrash never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Touch and PW2
I guess nothing has changed? Running Komic on Kindle PW2 with recent > 5.4 FW still not possible without crashes?

btw is is possible to run KOMIC V2.3 on KINDLE TOUCH 5.1.2 (maybe with some hacks?)
I would like to use the "fullscreen" feature of 2.3 (hiding the top bar on screen) but I would also like to stay with 5.1.2 since it is the last one supported by JBPatch.

Last edited by cybtrash; 03-18-2014 at 07:11 AM.
cybtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 12:41 AM   #612
cokelat70
cokelat70 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Hello, I try using komic v2.3 with ktauch 5.3.7
But look like i cannot open the komix.. my komix is there in the list.. but cannot be click
Anyone has same problem issue?
cokelat70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 03:00 PM   #613
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
What does it mean "my komix is there in the list.. but cannot be click
Anyone has same problem issue?"

Do you mean you can't choose YOUR comics, or you can't run Komic?
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 01:35 PM   #614
cokelat70
cokelat70 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
What does it mean "my komix is there in the list.. but cannot be click
Anyone has same problem issue?"

Do you mean you can't choose YOUR comics, or you can't run Komic?
yes I can't choose my comics
cokelat70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 01:38 PM   #615
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
When you tap on a comic what does it happen?
Any screenshot?
Kindle model and FW version?
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
launcher add-ons