Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #526
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...ipt-with-regex
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #527
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I tried it but I had some problem with comma...
In the end, I found a working jshon...I just need to link dynamic libraries.
I will place the jshon binary and libraries in:
Code:
/mnt/us/extensions/komic/bin/resource/Utilities
Do I need just to run this
Code:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/mnt/us/extensions/komic/bin/resource/Utilities
export $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
before using the binary?
I'm new to libraries....
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2013, 05:43 PM   #528
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
you could put it inline like

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/mnt/us/extensions/komic/bin/resource/Utilities thing

that will work

EDIT:

The other way you cited will work for the duration of the script.
The way I outline there will work for the duration of the single call.

depends on what you are trying to achieve

Last edited by twobob; 08-07-2013 at 07:02 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:06 PM   #529
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
In the meanwhile: does anybody know a JSON parser to be used in shell scripting?
Thanks!!
Would you like that written in javascript, that can parse json (a sub-set of javascript) and generate an arbitrary parser (also in javascript)?

I have that link, somewhere, if I haven't mis-placed it.

Found it:
http://pegjs.majda.cz/
And the on-line version:
http://pegjs.majda.cz/online

Just enter the declaration of the parser you want (PEG is very much like EBNF) and that web page will crank out the parser you declared, in js.

PS: Tizen apps are coded in Javascript, not Java. So if you ever need something parsed in your Javascript app (WAF or Tizen) then bookmark the site above.

PPS: Also a thought to keep in mind for anyone thinking of winning that $200,000 prize for the next "killer" Tizen game.
https://developer.tizen.org/contests...-app-challenge

Last edited by knc1; 08-07-2013 at 07:59 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:27 PM   #530
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@silver18: If you don't want to bother with library search paths, here's a fresh nearly-static binary built against the latest git trees.
Attached Files
File Type: gz jshon-k5.tar.gz (26.8 KB, 133 views)
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2013, 05:33 AM   #531
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
you could put it inline like

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/mnt/us/extensions/komic/bin/resource/Utilities thing

that will work

EDIT:

The other way you cited will work for the duration of the script.
The way I outline there will work for the duration of the single call.

depends on what you are trying to achieve
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Would you like that written in javascript, that can parse json (a sub-set of javascript) and generate an arbitrary parser (also in javascript)?

I have that link, somewhere, if I haven't mis-placed it.

Found it:
http://pegjs.majda.cz/
And the on-line version:
http://pegjs.majda.cz/online

Just enter the declaration of the parser you want (PEG is very much like EBNF) and that web page will crank out the parser you declared, in js.

PS: Tizen apps are coded in Javascript, not Java. So if you ever need something parsed in your Javascript app (WAF or Tizen) then bookmark the site above.

PPS: Also a thought to keep in mind for anyone thinking of winning that $200,000 prize for the next "killer" Tizen game.
https://developer.tizen.org/contests...-app-challenge
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@silver18: If you don't want to bother with library search paths, here's a fresh nearly-static binary built against the latest git trees.

You guys are awesome!!!
I'll try first the NiLuje built as it's more practical.
On the other hand, I tried also Twobob solution and it worked flawlessly!

As regards PEG, I'll try it this evening, it looks interesting!
Tizen is really attracting me, I'll give it a try asap!

Old 08-08-2013, 03:16 PM   #532
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@silver18: If you're still using ImageMagick, my latest build (since 0.11) should be a bit faster, and much, much less memory hungry.
I finally tried it with the "remove borders" feature: it is indeed very fast now!!!
Thanks a lot!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
what about adding support for more than one bookmark for each folders (also an editable label for each bookmarks)?
Lol, after about 1 year, I added this!!
Old 08-08-2013, 04:14 PM   #533
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@silver18: Awesome .

The build in the next release (or the current one on SVN) will hopefully be better still, but nothing in the same range (switched to O3 thumb2 binaries) .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:24 PM   #534
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Stock Lua libraries on K5 includes JSON library.

Quote:
Originally Posted by /usr/lib/lua/json.lua
Code:
-- USAGE:
-- This module exposes two functions:
--   encode(o)
--     Returns the table / string / boolean / number / nil / json.null value as a JSON-encoded string.
--   decode(json_string)
--     Returns a Lua object populated with the data encoded in the JSON string json_string.
Code:
[root@kindle root]# lua
Lua 5.1.4  Copyright (C) 1994-2008 Lua.org, PUC-Rio
> require"json"
> print(json.encode({hello="world"}))
{"hello":"world"}
> print(json.decode('{"hello":"world"}').hello)           
world
Also there is stock /usr/lib/libcjson.so (docs), if you have a time to write information extractor in C.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:50 PM   #535
Two Jacks
Two Jacks began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
Hi yall. Thanks for all the great info. So far I've jail-broken my kindle and installed KAUL. Was surprised that when I tried putting komic on it, it didn't work.

My kindle is at firmware 5.3.1

All the other stuff was installed today.

I saw that there seems to be some kind of fix so that it does work on the pw. Sadly there's a lot of pages here. Has anyone made a step by step installation post yet? If not could there be one please?

Anyways much appreciated. Thanks.
Two Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:21 AM   #536
silver18
THE NOOB

Which version of Komic are you trying?
Do you have a kindle paperwhite?
Old 08-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #537
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
JSON shell parsers:
. for sh scripting, JSON.sh, https://github.com/dominictarr/JSON.sh
. for awk scripting, https://github.com/step-/JSON.awk
KUAL uses JSON.awk
. for any scripting, bin file, jshon, http://kmkeen.com/jshon/2011-12-21-21-53-50-464.html
attached a static build for KT
I've use this a few times, it's cool but I prefer the first two
Attached Files
File Type: zip jshon.zip (11.6 KB, 161 views)
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:14 PM   #538
Two Jacks

Komic V2.2
And yes a paperwhite
Old 08-11-2013, 05:04 AM   #539
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
Stock Lua libraries on K5 includes JSON library.
Code:
[root@kindle root]# lua
Lua 5.1.4  Copyright (C) 1994-2008 Lua.org, PUC-Rio
> require"json"
> print(json.encode({hello="world"}))
{"hello":"world"}
> print(json.decode('{"hello":"world"}').hello)           
world
Also there is stock /usr/lib/libcjson.so (docs), if you have a time to write information extractor in C.
This is awesome!! I'll try it and, if it suits me, I'll use it to save some space!
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepk View Post
JSON shell parsers:
. for sh scripting, JSON.sh, https://github.com/dominictarr/JSON.sh
. for awk scripting, https://github.com/step-/JSON.awk
KUAL uses JSON.awk
. for any scripting, bin file, jshon, http://kmkeen.com/jshon/2011-12-21-21-53-50-464.html
attached a static build for KT
I've use this a few times, it's cool but I prefer the first two
Thanks for jshon, I'm currently using it and it works really fine!
It's easy to use and really flexible. I'll try also JSON.sh and JSON.awk to decide which one it's the best one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Jacks View Post
Komic V2.2
And yes a paperwhite
First post:
Quote:
****************COMPATIBILITY****************
The actual version (V2.2) works on Kindle Touch 5.3.2 and not on the previous firmwares.
As regards Paperwhite, this is simple: I don't own a PW kindle, so I don't know if Komic works on it.
If Paperwhite use the same mesquite thing, it should work.
Anyway, I expect lots of GUI problems related to the different resolution.

SHORT VERSION:
KOMIC V2.1 (AND PREVIOUS) ==> KINDLE TOUCH 5.1.2 AND PREVIOUS
KOMIC V2.2 ==> KINDLE TOUCH 5.3.2 (AND FOLLOWING, HOPEFULLY)
And, on the download link:
Quote:
KOMIC V2.2 (FOR KINDLE TOUCH 5.3.2 AND FOLLOWING)
So, V2.2 is for Kindle Touch.

Here you can find a beta version for Paperwhite.
And here you can find the fix for the reading.js file.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:50 AM   #540
Two Jacks

Quote:
Here you can find a beta version for Paperwhite.
And here you can find the fix for the reading.js file.
Thanks, I had seen some posts throughout the read where people were talking about fixing it for PW. Hence my earlier question.

I tried downloading that zip but it won't let me. Is the file still up? Also is there any special installation for it? I saw you put up a lot of warnings on that post.

Also what is the fix for?

Thanks

Last edited by twobob; 08-16-2013 at 12:18 PM.

Tags
launcher add-ons