Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-01-2011, 09:27 AM   #31
Adiposius Maximus
Edge User

It wouldn't be a bad idea to put which device you're using in your sig, so you don't have to type it out every time.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:33 AM   #32
JBrondos
Edge User

Perhaps it's an anomaly limited to my device, but I noticed that I cannot print exclamation points or question marks. The keyboard does shift to show that punctuation but when I tap them they revert to comma or period. Anyone else experience This.

Advert
Old 04-01-2011, 09:47 AM   #33
JBrondos
Edge User

Above the keypad is the word select bar. After typing a word and clicking on spacebar, five punctuation symbols appear: exclamation point, question mark, comma, ampersand, and underscore. That's how I can get question mark. Right?!

Old 04-01-2011, 09:51 AM   #34
glen
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrondos View Post
Perhaps it's an anomaly limited to my device, but I noticed that I cannot print exclamation points or question marks. The keyboard does shift to show that punctuation but when I tap them they revert to comma or period. Anyone else experience This.
This happens to me from time to time. However since I got ermine, it doesn't appear to be happening as much.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:34 AM   #35
Glow
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glow View Post
Some of the apps show the Move to SD option, but when selected it says 'Failed to Move Application'. I wonder if some trick is needed?

Also, I tried installing Flash 10.2, and no dice, would not install.

I haven't tried everything out yet. But the update itself was smooth, and I am very impressed that all my apps and settings are intact! Plus, it is speedier!

Thanks, enTourage!!
My comments apply to the PE.

Advert
Old 04-01-2011, 10:50 AM   #36
fgruber
Edge User

My experience so far on the pocket edge:
- evernote now supports the camera! And you can play back your audio recordings
- repligo pdf reader works which means we can annotate pdf on LCD properly (including handwriting). The annotations are saved on the pdf as a layer so you can open the pdf on a PC and see the annotations. This is the way the reader should handle the annotations! Anyways I guess from now on I will just annotate on the LCD and read on the eink. This mean that I probably won't add things to the library if they need annotations.
-diopen works which means you can use handwriting recognition instead of the virtual keyboard to write text.
-SketchBook Mobile works although I feel there is a delay when drawing

Old 04-01-2011, 12:58 PM   #37
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Better to have lived and lost than never lived

I pushed the button. I've always been an early adapter and beta test often so....
I bought the edge on faith, I'll take the the beta on faith as well.
The first thing I notice is no more jumpy LCD when I'm trying to draw.
Apps load way faster.
Terrific that I can finally read those two column PDF pages in landscape.
More to come after I've played a bit.
EE - full size

Old 04-01-2011, 01:05 PM   #38
robertbr
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adiposius Maximus View Post
In landscape mode on the eink side, if you don't like having to scroll, you can select "Fit to Page" from the View menu, it zooms the document to the largest size possible while fitting entirely on the screen.
I really wonder what you can read when using Fit to Page. NOTHING!!!

It could not be worst than having to use the stylus to scroll and then use it again to scroll up to see the top of the next page. It is useless like this :-(

Browser is crushing randomly and very often. I had to install Opera.

Skype does not connect :-(

The tablet side is much faster, this is the only positive thing I could find so far.

I really need only a usable landscape reading, I do not care about Froyo. I hope it will get fixed or the reader is useless for me.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:07 PM   #39
glen
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecko View Post
This one is not good -

I closed the machine up, leaving it on, so naturally it went to sleep. Opened it a while later, and there's a nice message on the e-reader side, "The eNToURaGe eDgE is hibernating. Press the Menu button to wake it up."

What it doesn't say is that after you press the menu button, you can then proceed to press all the other buttons, both short and long presses, including the power button, and then dance around the machine 3 times burning a magic candle, and you can sacrifice a chicken if you like - all these have the same effect, which is nothing. The thing won't wake up, and I can't power it down (without yanking the battery).
I hibernated four times now, froze up twice and no problems the other two times.

Not sure whats causing it t freeze however.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:09 PM   #40
gecko
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen View Post
I hibernated four times now, froze up twice and no problems the other two times.

Not sure whats causing it t freeze however.
What caused it to unfreeze? Did you do a batteryectomy?

("Batterectomy" might be a possible term, but then it sounds like you're trying to make pancakes with the thing.)

Last edited by gecko; 04-01-2011 at 01:12 PM. Reason: pancakes

Old 04-01-2011, 01:14 PM   #41
glen
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecko View Post
What caused it to unfreeze? Did you do a batteryectomy?

("Batterectomy" might be a possible term, but then it sounds like you're trying to make pancakes with the thing.)
Yup. After removal and reinsertion it started back up fine however.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:27 PM   #42
borisb
Edge User

I'd love to try Ermine for the better speed and new features, but if it means fewer of my apps work and my eDGes are effectively less reliable, it causes me to continue to hesitate...

Old 04-01-2011, 01:48 PM   #43
blacccat
Edge User

My EE worked better before....where is Myst?

Old 04-01-2011, 01:57 PM   #44
janvangastel
Edge User

Quote:
I'd love to try Ermine for the better speed and new features, but if it means fewer of my apps work and my eDGes are effectively less reliable, it causes me to continue to hesitate...
So do I. I am even pretty sure I will not update to an unreliable Ermine.

Old 04-01-2011, 02:31 PM   #45
gecko
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen View Post
Yup. After removal and reinsertion it started back up fine however.
Ah, so it did. And right before lunch, too. And then I closed the screen and opened it and the menu button worked fine. And then I closed it and went to lunch and had to re-batteryize it. Might be that it can't go into hibernation for too long before losing the desire to reawaken.