Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 02-07-2011, 03:32 PM   #46
StevenP
Edge User

Thanks, Boris, that is encouraging news.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:31 PM   #47
aidren
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
Claiming a prize for a non-existent contest, are we?
You bet! I wouldn't expect much. A package of styluses or an EE case or even a gift card (which I would use on books likely)... anything to avoid the shipping costs!
...but I won't hold my breath...

Advert
Old 02-07-2011, 08:11 PM   #48
Corpulent One
Edge User

Quote:
Remember that bmoc has apparently replaced dontpanic as a new hire. Someone undoubtedly will fill sladwig's shoes as the communications person for the Blog. So, no net reduction.
Why would they hire anyone when you do the commenter liaison job for free? Think of all the kids who are going hungry because of your volunteer helpfulness. It's a wonder you can sleep at night.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:22 PM   #49
borisb
Edge User

Mr Burns? Is that you?

Besides, I have to do the commenting because noone at enTourage will answer people's questions

Old 02-07-2011, 08:49 PM   #50
alefor
Edge User

Quote:
alefor, can I PM you my bank account into which you'll deposit the 850 yen...?
Bank transfers from Japan are hideously expensive, way more that the 850 yen. If you PM me your mailing address, I will mail you a 1000yen note. I am happy to keep my end of the bet.

Advert
Old 02-07-2011, 08:51 PM   #51
borisb
Edge User

Let us wait and see what enTourage actually delivers w.r.t. Android 2.2 and Ermine...

Old 02-07-2011, 09:55 PM   #52
NiaTrue
Edge User

Quote:
Besides, I have to do the commenting because noone at enTourage will answer people's questions
Boris, I hardly knew ye.

Let's hope that, assuming you're right about sladwig leaving, her replacement comes quickly and that Snow decides to hit his second wind.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:16 AM   #53
sarah11918
Edge User

Been a bit out of touch traveling, but just wanted to express my best wishes for dontpanic and my continued appreciation for his work at Entourage (and efforts in my case in particular). Of course, nothing but best wishes for sladwig, too!

Old 02-08-2011, 01:41 PM   #54
Snow
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgruber View Post
Hi Snow,

Do you think we can at least have some sample codes on how to use the eink for developers? I think we can all agree that there are a lot of potential applications of the eink out there that would make the edge even more useful ...
The SDK is not as much of a lost thought that Boris has said before, however, any official announcements (words you should take as fact) will come from bmoc. I will keep asking around to see if we can get some sample code out there for using the eink screen but I make no promise of it or of how understandable it'll be.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:04 PM   #55
borisb
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow View Post
any official announcements (words you should take as fact) will come from bmoc
I, for one, wholeheartedly welcome any official announcements from bmoc. Let's hope they're more frequent, timely, and informative.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:12 PM   #56
fgruber
Edge User

Great. That would be useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow View Post
The SDK is not as much of a lost thought that Boris has said before, however, any official announcements (words you should take as fact) will come from bmoc. I will keep asking around to see if we can get some sample code out there for using the eink screen but I make no promise of it or of how understandable it'll be.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:41 PM   #57
sjarrel
Edge User

Quote:
I, for one, wholeheartedly welcome any official announcements from bmoc. Let's hope they're more frequent, timely, and informative.

I second that. Especially because bmoc was labeled "junior member" with his first post. It took only a few minutes before he became "administrator". So he knows about fast upgrading.

Last edited by sjarrel; 02-08-2011 at 03:07 PM.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:56 PM   #58
NiaTrue
Edge User

But if Snow is the forum "Administrator," can't the enTourage developers/webmaster create the role/permissions level "enTourage Employee" for everyone else at the firm?

Old 02-08-2011, 03:01 PM   #59
Snow
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiaTrue View Post
But if Snow is the forum "Administrator," can't the enTourage developers/webmaster create the role/permissions level "enTourage Employee" for everyone else at the firm?
Indeed that's exactly what happened. Bmoc made a post before we could change his user title

Old 02-08-2011, 03:05 PM   #60
NiaTrue
Edge User

Thanks, Snow, but now you're both administrators?

Glad to see you back in action!