Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 09-20-2010, 02:34 PM   #1
kkolle
Edge User

Tethering

Hi, I try to let my HTC Desire act as a WiFi access point or Hot-spot.

My Edge see the HTC all right, but I cannot connect to it. I've tried all the encryption models even without.

The Edge connects fine to my access point, both at home and at work.

Is it something with the HTC? I can see that the Edge tries to connect by gives up rather quickly.

Any success anyone?

|<

Old 09-20-2010, 02:38 PM   #2
kkolle
Edge User

Forget it - after a network switch off and on again it works perfectly. :-)

Advert
Old 09-21-2010, 05:03 PM   #3
brauckmiller
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkolle View Post
Forget it - after a network switch off and on again it works perfectly. :-)
Must be nice to have a phone that advertises in INFRASTRUCTURE MODE. My IPHONE can't do that.

Old 09-22-2010, 02:57 AM   #4
kkolle
Edge User

I'm a technical nerd and not (that much) interested in shiny designs , so iPhone was never an option for me :-)

In my opinion Android is mainly for the technical interested and people that wants to live on the edge with the technical possibilities, whereas iPhone is for "see my shiny new device" people that are less interested in what's inside the box. And there should be room for both ways of believing or any other, just I may have my interests.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:51 PM   #5
devseev
Edge User

Does anyone know whether any phone running Android 2.2 can advertise in INFRASTRUCTURE mode? I am looking to get the new HTC Desire Z and am trying to figure out if I can tether my eDGe to it via wifi.

Advert
Old 09-26-2010, 05:51 PM   #6
eberhardt333
Edge User

I actually decided to keep my Palm Pre Plus just for the ability to have free WIFI hotspot where I could get on my edge where wireless was otherwise not available. It has been nice so far. It looks more phones are moving in that direction of having that capability, although the Palm seems to be the free one for right now as Verizon wants to charge you for the Droid. It should be standard on all phones for free so we don't have to pay for another wireless package past our phone and home network.