Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 09-22-2010, 08:20 AM   #61
MichaelV
Edge User

also the point about piracy is wrong. most of the people will pirate windows that costs > 100 bucks, but I do not think they will a 2 / 3 bucks app. If I like an app I will buy it. this encourages the development of new soft. the same, about a movie, I may watch the occasional torrent when is coming out as R5, but I love my DVDs and bluerays... nothing compare to them but the film on full screens. Users get educated, they are not all pirates. I remember how fussy where the big video companies when video recorders came out, remember the stupid macrovision protection. and look where we are now. they are still making money.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:31 AM   #62
kenjennings
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelV View Post
Notion ink adam will wipe any chance of success from edge. Also look at their attitude re: Developers. Devs are welcomed not alienated.
They have to ship them first, not just promise to ship them. Notion Ink is high on marketing hype and low on product. Given what I've read so far I think they're going to be hard pressed to have any for sale in time for the Christmas shopping binge. I hope I'm mistaken. It looks like very nice specs, and I might buy one if the price is tolerable, but nobody can buy one today. People can buy an edge.

Advert
Old 09-22-2010, 09:44 AM   #63
robot
Edge User

I heard rumors that NotionInk send some promo devices to some choosen software development companies under NDA.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:45 AM   #64
gwenos
Edge User

Hi,

Could someone make a tutorial or give some good links to root the pocket edge please ?

Old 04-25-2011, 06:45 AM   #65
lorenzoens
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonMan View Post
When we release our SDK, all the tools to develop on the eDGe will be available.
Sorry, did you release it?

Advert
Old 04-30-2011, 02:54 AM   #66
sunnyone
Edge User

In Ermine 0.9 (Froyo 2.2.1), the debug mode is easy to open when you go to Settings - > development and check the USB debug...
Also, I use z4root to root both EE and PE in Ermine easily...

Old 04-30-2011, 04:28 AM   #67
rvcullen
Edge User

Maybe you can help me. I have the debug password which works fine, but I can't get z4root to work anyway. When I run it and press "root" it goes through the steps and reboots, but no root. if i re-run z4root, I still get just the "root" button also. Do I have to do anything else before I run it? I also have the USB debug option checked as well. I have the pocket edge with the ermine release also.
I have tried entering the passwrod for debug mode and using adb, bu it says permission denied. The usb driver in my control panel is "HTC Dream Composite" under ADB, can anyone verify if that is correct?

Thanks.

Old 04-30-2011, 05:45 AM   #68
sunnyone
Edge User

In my experience... in Ermine doesn't need to input the password for debug mode. Just check the USB debug and the adb works fine.
I've tried three entourage devices and use z4root to get root admission. The reboot is normal but I don't have the same issue you have met.
Maybe you can try to reset factory default and retry the z4root.

THe usb driver in my computer is the original Android SDK.

Old 04-30-2011, 11:29 PM   #69
Glow
Edge User

In some cases turning the debug off and back on before trying to root may help.

Old 04-30-2011, 11:43 PM   #70
rvcullen
Edge User

Thanks. I realized what I was doing wrong, wrong version Z4root! Guess i had the older one without the temp/perm option, just says root. That one doesn't work, only the one with the temp/perm. options. Worked perfectly, thanks!!