Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 07-28-2010, 03:04 AM   #46
keng2000
Edge User

Ipod touch 2g has hidden bluetooth until firmware 3.0 releases, it can be used.
This is an example.
WE MAY HAVE TV. Tuner inside EE

Old 07-28-2010, 05:44 AM   #47
robot
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyennedonna View Post
This is one of the videos I watched before I actually made the decision to buy the edge. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmpy-...eature=related In it there is reference to a built in accelerometer around 4.53 minutes into the video.
Also note that trackball's light is green on video. On last week I tried to change colors without success (and giveup thinking that it's impossible). Will look at it more closely 'cos I hate blue light

Advert
Old 07-28-2010, 05:52 AM   #48
robot
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by keng2000 View Post
Ipod touch 2g has hidden bluetooth until firmware 3.0 releases, it can be used.
This is an example.
WE MAY HAVE TV. Tuner inside EE
Yep, I saw traces of TV (or video filtering chipset) and some other interesting hardware, but didn't find the way to use it, or get confirmation that this hardware actually present in EE.
p.s. also traces tell me that there's a chance that EE cam can make a 120FPS video or 3mpx photo wich would be awesome.., but I didn't have time to tried to checkit more closely.

Old 07-28-2010, 06:13 AM   #49
Snepscheut
Edge User

Don't Panic!

It's nice to read there are all kind of extras inside EE (easter eggs).

But does the community really have to guess what they have bought or can there be (again) some openness.

SDK will be ready by the end of the year, but is there a reason not to revile all specs so that Robot, Keng200 ea can help to get the max out of this great product?

Go for the BEST.

Jos.

Old 07-28-2010, 06:33 AM   #50
robot
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelV View Post
also sorry to ask, why not working on a 2.1 / 2.2 firmware?
It's required a full source code of current EE's android with specific patches, full source code of device drivers, and some code of EE's and adobe software (library, journal and reader).
Probably now, when I know allmost all hardware used in EE, it's possible to compiile 2.2, but it will not contain any EE or adobe copyrighted software.
So there's two reason:
1. There's no many people who would use unofficial firmware, and there's much less people who will use unofficial firmware which didn't contain needed software.
2. It'll take a lot of time and money to develop.
So now, when my sick-leave certificate expired and I back to work, I don't have much time, and since there's no many people who interested in alternative firmware, there's no financial interest to develop it.

offtopic: I buy EE without reading reviews or watching video, the main buying points were the linux based OS, and good hardware specification, so I was very frustated when turned on EE for the first time. It was almost absolutly unusable for my needs. So I working developing firmware which allow me to use EE as I suppose it must be used. So at some point further development will depends on the mood of official EE's bosses (which is a bit sceptical) and customers. For example I do not need the support of changing the orientation of screens and a nice interface, but if the company would be interested in the product, then I'll work on those features.

Advert
Old 07-28-2010, 08:31 AM   #51
MichaelV
Edge User

http://phandroid.com/2010/07/27/sams...rmware-leaked/
2.2 leaked now! I will settle for a 2.2 firmware running on my screen selection and better power management. really do not need all the EE customisations

Old 07-28-2010, 08:33 AM   #52
MichaelV
Edge User

off topic or on topic: why we do not get robot's paypal account and all chip in few dollars for robot development? this will go long way and we may have a better and quicker Edge sooner?! is this such a bad idea?

Old 07-28-2010, 09:53 AM   #53
Snepscheut
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelV View Post
off topic or on topic: why we do not get robot's paypal account and all chip in few dollars for robot development? this will go long way and we may have a better and quicker Edge sooner?! is this such a bad idea?
Not a bad idea, I asked for it a while ago. But as I recall it right, Robot can't use paypal in his country.
There must be an other way to support him, but how?

Old 07-28-2010, 04:02 PM   #54
Puck
Edge User

Moneybookers?

Old 07-28-2010, 04:43 PM   #55
NiaTrue
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by robot View Post
I'm just having fun when there is free time. Lucky for you (and unfortunately for me) last week I had an accident (crash my motorcycle at 120km/h), so I had enough time to complete this project.
I've been offline a while--and clearly missed a lot--so I hate to take this thread off-topic with my next question, but: Dude, what the heck were you doing driving a motorcycle at 140 km/hr anyway? Since you're still writing code voraciously, I'm assuming you didn't lose the use of your brain or the digits on your hands. No permanent injuries anywhere else, I hope? Glad you survived intact!

Oh, and, uh, congratulations on the programming!

Old 07-28-2010, 05:16 PM   #56
Gunnerp245
Edge User

120 kph = 75 mph. Not really that fast, unless crashing. Ouch!

Old 07-29-2010, 05:37 AM   #57
Snepscheut
Edge User

Robot, can the suggestion made by Puck be used by you?

Jos

Old 07-30-2010, 07:37 PM   #58
robot
Edge User

Snepscheut, Puck, MichaelV... I'll think about it and will replay after weekend.
It was a really hard and sleepless week, so I absolutely "squeezed" and I need to rest for a couple days. But on next week, planing to show some achievements.

NiaTrue, definetly I need to find alternative way for relaxation and for getting adrenalin... but it's not so easy to find something interesting in my city.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:07 PM   #59
MichaelV
Edge User

Is your city in Cyberia (intentional spelling).

Old 07-30-2010, 08:15 PM   #60
NiaTrue
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by robot View Post
NiaTrue, definetly I need to find alternative way for relaxation and for getting adrenalin... but it's not so easy to find something interesting in my city.

From one (former) motorcycle junkie to another: Dude, find a really good video/board/online game and stick with it. It's much easier on the arms, legs, and brain--even in Cyberia!