Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-18-2024, 10:20 PM   #1
wolfskies
wolfskies began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color & Android Tablet & Windows 11 PC
Exclamation Can't install new version

I got this weird error. It won't let me go any further. I see the file 5e2b3f0. It's folder, and the file has permission to install. No idea why it would do this.

I have Windows 11. I had 7.6, so it's not too far behind.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error.png
Views:	60
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	206994  
wolfskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 10:59 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Are you sure .rbf is a folder and not an archive file (rebadged zip)

Perhaps F: drive is out of space.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 11:17 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Uninstall, delete C:\\Program Files\\Calibre2
(or wherever you chose to install calibre). Then re-install. And
dont worry, uninstalling will not affect your books/settings.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 12:32 AM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Last time I looked, an .rbf file was an archive of files created by the Windows installer service during a software installation. The files are used to rollback a failed installation. If the installation succeeds, the rollback file should be deleted/marked for deletion on reboot.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
install application