Notices

Old 02-23-2024, 03:50 PM   #1
HL1234
HL1234 began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre, Smartphone Apps
How to Sharing EPUB eBook with Smartphone and Notebook

Hello,
greetings to the forum.

I need to know how to share an EPUB eBook with my Smartphone and my Notebook without losing any notes/marks and annotations?

I'm looking for to solve this problem. I like to read a book in ePub format, with my Handy and my Notebook. I can put on my OneDrive cloud and access them. But I make a lots of notes/marks and annotations when reading it. For me it's important that the notes/marks and annotations are been sync between the devices.

And when I finished the book, I like to copy the book with all of the notes/marks and annotations to my data hard disc at home. I want not to lose any notes and the annotations with these copy or export.

In calibre this notes and annotations are saved in a file "metadata.opf" in the folder for a book (may be in more places). It is important that a ebook reader program use this file, to save the notes and annotations and that it does not save it anywhere on the Handy in an SQLite database like FBReader.

How can I solve this?
Is there any EPUB Reader App for android that can work with the file "metadata.opf" from Calibre on the net-workplace, without downloading the book to it own data area?

What have I tested (in short description)
FBReader App - Own Network storage in Google Drive - FBReader Microsoft App form Microsoft Store: ok that works but Problems: a) One of my PCs can not use the M-Store and FBReader are no more an *.exe program for download. b) and at the end of reading you can not copy / export the book to a hard drive, without losing all notes/marks and annotations I will have done.

Calibre + intern web server. At home I can connect with handy and from PC (not at the same time) to the book make some notes and with some settings they are exchanged between the devices.
Problem: Outside from home this does not work.

Calibre + library in OneDrive. Same as above and
problem: outside from home I can connect to the OneDrive via Internet, but there is no Calibre App or Calibre Reader App to work with the OneDrive Calibre library folder.

Thanks for some ideas!
HL1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 03:48 PM   #2
HL1234
HL1234 began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre, Smartphone Apps
push -
no answer?
HL1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 05:03 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
As far as I know, what you are asking for does not exist. Everybody does annotations and syncing their own way and interoperability is not even a distant dream.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 10:21 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The calibre web server works fine for this provided you make it available outside your home network.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, epub, onedrive