Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-16-2011, 01:16 PM   #31
greyhoundmom
Edge User

I'm very new to this

I'm very new to the PE, and I feel like an idiot, but I tried to follow all the directions. I had a line with an arrow counting up, then that stopped and nothing else happened. When I go into my settings, it still says I have dingo.... Any idea where I went wrong? Thanks!

Old 05-16-2011, 02:47 PM   #32
obsessed2
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhoundmom View Post
I'm very new to the PE, and I feel like an idiot, but I tried to follow all the directions. I had a line with an arrow counting up, then that stopped and nothing else happened. When I go into my settings, it still says I have dingo.... Any idea where I went wrong? Thanks!
Was it near the top of the screen? If so, try Touching and Holding the Notification Bar and Swipe it down. Touch the file to launch the Install. This may or may not be the Ermine Update. Several users have reported that they went straight to the Ermine update because apparently Entourage has shipped some PEs with the Dingo update installed.

It could be the older OS Dingo update that is installed (Choose Settings from the Home Screen and About Edge. Look under Legal Information), in which case you would need to Opt into the beta under My Account after launching the Store App from the Home Screen. After you have Opted In, return to the Home Screen and touch the BIG X right above the browser, e-mail, journal etc. icons. Scroll down and select Update.

Last edited by obsessed2; 05-16-2011 at 02:50 PM.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:11 PM   #33
greyhoundmom
Edge User

thanks for answering.... I found it.... and the android apps seem to be working now.....

Old 05-17-2011, 10:53 AM   #34
Warp3
Edge User

After the upgrade, mine seemed to freeze on the startup screen (all 4 dots where lit, but it never went further). However, after hitting the reset button and powering it back on, it seems to be fine and is running Ermine/Froyo. Thanks for the upgrade walkthrough.

EDIT: I'm very glad to finally have Exchange email on this thing, which makes it even more useful than it already was.

Last edited by Warp3; 05-17-2011 at 10:58 AM.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:00 PM   #35
cBird
Edge User

I've been meaning to thank you, Obsessed, for your upgrade instructions. Was so painless I could hardly believe it when I was done. And also, of course, for your many, many helpful posts too numerous to list or remember. Real pleasure belonging to a forum w/folks like you, sarah, borisb, cheyennedonna, Filark, paula, etc., etc.
d

Old 05-18-2011, 01:08 AM   #36
Filark
Edge User

Thanks, cBird!

It's nice to see you here again!

Old 05-18-2011, 09:29 AM   #37
obsessed2
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cBird View Post
I've been meaning to thank you, Obsessed, for your upgrade instructions. Was so painless I could hardly believe it when I was done. And also, of course, for your many, many helpful posts too numerous to list or remember. Real pleasure belonging to a forum w/folks like you, sarah, borisb, cheyennedonna, Filark, paula, etc., etc.
d
Thank you for the kind words. I feel honored and humbled to be mentioned in such esteemed company.