Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 02-06-2016, 11:28 AM   #31
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I find that my sleepphones tend to last about 18 months before one of the speakers goes out. When I had to replace my most recent set last month, I found that you can buy just the speakers, and slide them into your existing headband. The speakers alone are a little cheaper, at $29.99 on Amazon.
Hmm. I hope that's not a continuing pattern. My wife's speakers did fail in just under 2 years, but acoustic sheep replaced them for free. Note we have the wireless version which uses different speaker wiring than that wired link.

Last edited by ApK; 02-06-2016 at 11:32 AM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 01:08 PM   #32
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Wireless! That's the way I should have gone,
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2016, 01:17 PM   #33
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Anyone listen to audiobooks while trying to go to sleep?

Wow. My keyboard just gave up the ghost mid-sentence as I was writing that reply. Oh well, let me start over.

Wireless! That's the way I should have gone, but I was too excited over the Prime Now thing and too impatient to try it out to research what I was buying more carefully.
Old 02-06-2016, 04:05 PM   #34
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
But going wireless involves having a battery pack, and recharging, and all that kind of hassle.

I'll be interested to hear your review once you've used them.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 06:14 PM   #35
ApK
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
But going wireless involves having a battery pack, and recharging, and all that kind of hassle.
Yes, but the current battery/bluetooth module is only about 1"x2"x0.25" and is comfortably positionable in the headband, and for us, we'd rather deal with that than the cord.

As for charging, the only saving grace is that since they live at my bedside for nighttime use, it's not like there's much else for them to do all day other than sit there and charge. :-)

Quote:
I'll be interested to hear your review once you've used them.
Me too. Should mine ever fail and the company doesn't repair them for free, I'd be curious to know how the much less expensive wired ones serve.
Advert
Old 02-06-2016, 07:09 PM   #36
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
...I'll be interested to hear your review once you've used them.

They trap a lot of heat; the band made my forehead sweat. It was somewhat small for my ginormous noggin, but it's been my experience that such materials tend to stretch after a time. The sound is okay, but I'd like more volume.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:16 PM   #37
ApK

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
They trap a lot of heat; the band made my forehead sweat. It was somewhat small for my ginormous noggin, but it's been my experience that such materials tend to stretch after a time. The sound is okay, but I'd like more volume.
They do make a large size headband, but my wife tells me mine will stetch out a bit so I'm staying with regular. They also offer headbands made from different, cooler material, and the head bands can be purchaced separately.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:57 AM   #38
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

That's good to know, Apk. Thanks!
Old 02-07-2016, 10:46 AM   #39
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
The sound is okay, but I'd like more volume.
I suspect that the speakers aren't positioned over your ears. They can be moved within the headband, so if you haven't already, take a little time to make sure they're in the right places (i.e. directly over your ears) when you have the headband on.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 02:08 AM   #40
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Ah, now I remember why I hadn't ordered them yet... They're not selling to me
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 03:09 PM   #41
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Geo-restrictions?
Old 02-09-2016, 03:14 PM   #42
ApK

Quote:
Geo-restrictions?
No, they just don't like her.

I crack me up.
Old 02-10-2016, 07:15 AM   #43
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Geo-restrictions?
I'll presume this

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
No, they just don't like her.

I crack me up.
Hmm, or this...

Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote