Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-10-2017, 05:23 PM   #1
drdancm
Enthusiast
drdancm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Duplicate Imports from Kindle PC

I've been occasionally seeing duplicate imports from Kindle PC, but the problem has become more frequent.

I'm using Calibre v 2.83.

There is no warning that the title already exists, and because Kindle PC does not show a readable ID for these books, one can only guess from the date date/time stamp what book to choose for import.

Thanks,

Dan

Attachment shows The Saga Diary by John Scalzi was imported a 2nd time without warning.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre Duplicate Imports 10may2017.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	156636  

Last edited by drdancm; 05-10-2017 at 05:24 PM. Reason: add version
drdancm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 06:00 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdancm View Post
I've been occasionally seeing duplicate imports from Kindle PC, but the problem has become more frequent.

I'm using Calibre v 2.83.

There is no warning that the title already exists, and because Kindle PC does not show a readable ID for these books, one can only guess from the date date/time stamp what book to choose for import.

Thanks,

Dan

Attachment shows The Saga Diary by John Scalzi was imported a 2nd time without warning.
Preferences: adding books
there is a item on how to deal with duplicates
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2017, 12:36 PM   #3
drdancm
Enthusiast
drdancm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for the quick reply,

I looked at Adding Books in Preferences but I did not see anything that was not enabled which, as far as I know, would allow duplicates to be added.

I have just updated to Calibre v 2.85 and I will have to see if the duplicate problem has stayed the same. Most of the time I get Duplicate warnings, but sometimes I don't yet a duplicate is added.

Dan
drdancm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 12:44 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
It is a pulldown (and a tickbox to enable)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Adding option.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	156695  
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote