Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 06-30-2021, 09:21 AM   #1
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@Kovid, regarding TTS

Hi Kovid,

When you have some time please would you cast your expert eye on this post in the 'TTS to MP3' plugin thread and its follow-ups.

Briefly, a user (Spanish locale, I think) who, until recently, has been successfully using calibre Viewer's Readaloud function and my 'TTS to MP3' plugin with some 3rd-party purchased Ivona Voices is now getting a strange error message. Both the calibre Viewer and my plugin give this same error message when trying to use an Ivona voice
Code:
OSError: C:\r\src\src\calibre\utils\windows\winsapi.cpp:281 :Failed to speak:[hr=0x80040154 wCode=0] Clase no registrada
Any help would be much appreciated. TIA.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 11:09 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That error is pretty generic it means some DLL is missing/unregistered. Sadly I dont know of a way to debug it. A system repair/retore point might help.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 11:19 AM   #3
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
You may be able to use the dependency walker with the file in the error message:
https://dependencywalker.com/
Essentially, all missing dependencies would be marked as red so you can look for the files.

I'd bet that one of the Microsoft Visual Studio Redistributibles is missing. You can find them here: https://support.microsoft.com/de-de/...f-95f26a218cc0
You can install all of them.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 03:06 PM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Thanks to you both for responding. There's nothing I can do at my end because I can't replicate the problem. All 3 of my Ivona voices are working as well as they've always worked with the same versions of Win10 and calibre 64-bit as the user is running.

I'll direct the user to this thread.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote