Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 01-05-2022, 03:10 PM   #76
Pierre Lawrence
Connoisseur
Pierre Lawrence ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Lawrence ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Lawrence ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Lawrence ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Lawrence ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Lawrence ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Lawrence ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Lawrence ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Lawrence ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Lawrence ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Lawrence ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, nook
The main value of the Freewrite, which essentially has no editing capability, appears to be one of expediting the first draft, a benefit I can attest to (my recent flurry of posts is the latest way I've found for putting off finishing a novella I'm working on). The questions I have are, 1) can the draft produced by the Freewrite be saved in standard file formats (.doc, .odt) for editing by Word or a similar word processor, and 2) does the Freewrite have a USB port for transferring such files via a flash drive to the computer on which they will be edited.
Pierre Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 06:14 PM   #77
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
When you use Dropbox (via their service), it sends a copy of your current file in .docx format.

Additionally, two files are sent to your email: one in PDF and one in txt.

I download the TXT file and copy paste to my copy of Highland Pro, where I work on cleaning it and then start work on a second 'draft'.

You are correct that Freewrite is only for moving forward to creating a first draft. It is marketed only for that one, specific, goal.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 05:56 AM   #78
Pierre Lawrence
Connoisseur
Pierre Lawrence ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Lawrence ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Lawrence ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Lawrence ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Lawrence ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Lawrence ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Lawrence ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Lawrence ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Lawrence ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Lawrence ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pierre Lawrence ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, nook
Thanks for the reply - much appreciated!
Pierre Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 12:00 AM   #79
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
An AlphaSmart Neo will do the same thing at a fraction of the price.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 12:14 PM   #80
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Any decent wordprocessor can import text files.
I'd use a text editor on an Android based eink (such as Jota) with a decent BT keyboard if I wasn't using a laptop.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 08:11 AM   #81
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Uhhhh, ooohhhhh:

The price on their Freewrite/Traveler is going to increase approx. $50 tomorrow (Monday).

It's already overpriced.....
Old 05-08-2022, 08:18 AM   #82
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
What does that bring the cost up to?
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 08:59 AM   #83
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
What does that bring the cost up to?
The Traveler will be $499 tomorrow.
The Smart Typewriter Gen 3 will be $649 tomorrow.
The Hemingwrite will be $999 tomorrow.

I own a Gen 2, purchased approx. 1 year ago. for (I think) $549 with $25 off = $524 + tax + shipping to Peru. Outrageous total, even then.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-08-2022 at 11:28 AM.
Old 05-10-2022, 07:26 AM   #84
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I'm finding both the Sage and Elipsa good for draft notes, export text or docx later. I thought the Sage would be too small for writing, but bought it for other reasons; actually it's fine for writing & the conversion to text. I don't bother editing the odd error on conversion. Oddly neither is any use for writing with a BT keyboard (only navigation in Notebooks), though the BT keyboard text does work in an dialogue that pops up the touch keyboard, so works for annotations.
The Boyue Likebook Mars 7.8" with Android Jota app and BT keyboard is the best eink text edit using keyboard I have, but the Sage is more convenient.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 04:18 PM   #85
SanchezZz
SanchezZz is not required to obey the law of gravity.SanchezZz is not required to obey the law of gravity.SanchezZz is not required to obey the law of gravity.SanchezZz is not required to obey the law of gravity.SanchezZz is not required to obey the law of gravity.SanchezZz is not required to obey the law of gravity.SanchezZz is not required to obey the law of gravity.SanchezZz is not required to obey the law of gravity.SanchezZz is not required to obey the law of gravity.SanchezZz is not required to obey the law of gravity.SanchezZz is not required to obey the law of gravity.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
The Traveler will be $499 tomorrow.
The Smart Typewriter Gen 3 will be $649 tomorrow.
The Hemingwrite will be $999 tomorrow.

I own a Gen 2, purchased approx. 1 year ago. for (I think) $549 with $25 off = $524 + tax + shipping to Peru. Outrageous total, even then.

At least in Canada, the traveler is still at $469.00. But yeah, overprices as it is. I'd love to get one but is just way out of my range right now, I know there are other cheaper better typewriters in the market but I really love their design, to me is the apple of the typewriters

*Cries in AlphaSmart Neo sounds*
SanchezZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 09:33 PM   #86
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanchezZz View Post
At least in Canada, the traveler is still at $469.00. But yeah, overprices as it is. I'd love to get one but is just way out of my range right now, I know there are other cheaper better typewriters in the market but I really love their design, to me is the apple of the typewriters

*Cries in AlphaSmart Neo sounds*
In the U.S. it's also still at the "cheap" price. ($449 US. Dollars.) At least that's what it claims, I haven't actually put one of these in the cart to confirm it.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote