Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 10-16-2020, 04:23 PM   #1
whiskeywayne
whiskeywayne began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Unhappy Spread splitter not working with some .kcc/.mobi files on KCC

I've converted many mangas just fine and the spread splitter works amazingly. However I'm trying to convert this new one I'm reading and I'm assuming that Kindle Comic Converter isn't recognizing the double sspread pages? To me it seems like whoever originally created the file would have to go through and tag each double page spread as such and they didn't do that?
Is it possible for me to download Kindle Comic Creator and do it myself with the .kcc files?
I tried looking for a forum for that program but couldn't find it, figured someone here would have knowledge on the topic. Thank you in advance. Reading a single image as two seperate pages on my Oasis is killing me. Kills the immersion.
whiskeywayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 05:06 PM   #2
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeywayne View Post
I've converted many mangas just fine and the spread splitter works amazingly. However I'm trying to convert this new one I'm reading and I'm assuming that Kindle Comic Converter isn't recognizing the double sspread pages? To me it seems like whoever originally created the file would have to go through and tag each double page spread as such and they didn't do that?
Is it possible for me to download Kindle Comic Creator and do it myself with the .kcc files?
I tried looking for a forum for that program but couldn't find it, figured someone here would have knowledge on the topic. Thank you in advance. Reading a single image as two seperate pages on my Oasis is killing me. Kills the immersion.

Kindle comic "converter" is, as far as I know, a private piece of commercial software, marketed by someone. It's not Amazon software.

So...I can't address what it is you are trying to do. If you have comics that are in landscape--which would be outside the norm, for the target books for Kindle Comic Creator, which is Amazon's (older) software, I'd recommend that you cosnider using Kindle Create, alone, with panel view. That would probably work best for what you've described.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2020, 06:47 PM   #3
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Kindle comic "converter" is, as far as I know, a private piece of commercial software, marketed by someone. It's not Amazon software.
I've never used it, but Kindle Comic Converter is open source and is supported by the developers in its own thread in the Amazon Kindle forum at mobileread, which the OP posted in shortly after posting here.

Quote:
So...I can't address what it is you are trying to do. If you have comics that are in landscape--which would be outside the norm, for the target books for Kindle Comic Creator, which is Amazon's (older) software, I'd recommend that you cosnider using Kindle Create, alone, with panel view. That would probably work best for what you've described.

Hitch
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 07:09 PM   #4
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
I've never used it, but Kindle Comic Converter is open source and is supported by the developers in its own thread in the Amazon Kindle forum at mobileread, which the OP posted in shortly after posting here.
Okay. I should have said, due to my lack of familiarity with it a "private" program inasmuch as it's not an Amazon-created or subsidized or approved program, like the other DIY apps (Kindle Kids Book Creator, Kindle Comic Creator, Kindle Create, et al).

But anything that's splitting spreads...by virtue of the name, I would presume that it's going to do the opposite of what the poster wants, which is single-spread views. [shrug]

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote