Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-13-2011, 04:15 PM   #1
arcticmaniac
Connoisseur
arcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipse

Device: entourage pe
anyone tried z4root for the PE?

has anyone permanently rooted the PE using z4root. I've only tried the temporary option.

any side effects with the permanent root?
arcticmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:32 PM   #2
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
yes, most people use the permanent root option for their PE's, the temporary one is actually more likely to cause problems, and AFAIK it doesn't even fully work on PE, though I haven't really tried it myself...

No one has reported problems with it yet, though do be careful!
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2011, 05:25 PM   #3
MasterTec
Connoisseur
MasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: enTourage eDGe Pocket
I used it to permanently root mine.. no issue so far
MasterTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:15 PM   #4
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
perfect on ermine
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:54 PM   #5
arcticmaniac
Connoisseur
arcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipse

thanks y'all....gonna tried a permanent root, maybe angry bird will run more smoothly
Advert
Old 07-13-2011, 09:23 PM   #6
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

rooting wont do anything to make things run any better...
Old 07-13-2011, 09:25 PM   #7
arcticmaniac
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by emusan View Post
rooting wont do anything to make things run any better...
is it my PE or does Angry bird kind of lags, its slow.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:27 PM   #8
emusan
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticmaniac View Post
is it my PE or does Angry bird kind of lags, its slow.
it does on everyones PE, rooting does nothing to the performance of apps though, if you want to make angry birds run slightly better you can disable the backgrounds(there was a guide somewhere around here, not sure where though)...
Old 07-16-2011, 10:41 AM   #9
garyhgaryh
Zealot
garyhgaryh began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
i do temp root with no problems.
garyhgaryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:48 AM   #10
Rhale
Rhale began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage eDGe, Nook Tablet
perma rooted with no problems...of course i don't know what to do with it now that it's rooted, but different issue
Rhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:23 PM   #11
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhale View Post
perma rooted with no problems...of course i don't know what to do with it now that it's rooted, but different issue
Why root it then?
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:50 PM   #12
emusan
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
Why root it then?
all the cool kids are doing it...
Old 07-16-2011, 04:46 PM   #13
arcticmaniac
Connoisseur

Actually for some strange reason when i permanent root, certain times when the keyboard pops up when i press the 'go' or 'return' key it keeps hitting the 'L' key. I've recalibrated the screen same. Problem. Unrooted n now no problems.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:53 PM   #14
darkgrue
darkgrue has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.darkgrue has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.darkgrue has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.darkgrue has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.darkgrue has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: enTourage eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
Why root it then?
Root access is required to use Titanium Backup, which is currently key to getting Market running on the PE (by using a backup of application data stores from a working phone), for starters.

If you're just using stock applications (and methods of installing them), there's little advantage.
darkgrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 05:57 PM   #15
emusan
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkgrue View Post
Root access is required to use Titanium Backup, which is currently key to getting Market running on the PE (by using a backup of application data stores from a working phone), for starters.

If you're just using stock applications (and methods of installing them), there's little advantage.
I'm sure he knows that, he was asking why that particular user rooted if they weren't sure what to do with it once it was...