Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-23-2009, 07:52 AM   #1
royboy99
royboy99 began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Removing print crop from PDF

Hi. I just purchased a PDF (Adobe digital edition) but annoyingly shows printing press crop marks (i think thats what they are called) like a circle with crossfire lines around it, with lots of white space. Its it possible to remove these? Is a large doc - 1700 pages. Seems to be adobe protected. The ebook site also allows purchases as .lit file - do you think this would be better format to then convert to LRF? I dunno if they will make me re-purchase the book, have asked them.

Also if i increase text size on PDF loses all images which is a pain. Guess there is no way around this?
thanks
royboy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 06:58 AM   #2
royboy99
royboy99 began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Managed to do this. Removed the DRM with i love cabbages code - it was actually quite easy to do this. Then used trial version of nitro PDF and cropped away happily. Looks so much better. Also got rid of pages numbers so is quite readable now.

Got a pocket travel guide ebook that has double PDF scanned pages. Havent managed to figure out how to split mutiple pages down middle. Was designed to be printed out rather than read on ebook. Anyone know which tools may help do this? thanks
royboy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2009, 10:16 AM   #3
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
I have successfully used PDFzilla to convert double paged PDF's to html or MSWord. Had some clean up of unusual fonts, but not bad.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:15 AM   #4
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by royboy99 View Post
Managed to do this. Removed the DRM with i love cabbages code - it was actually quite easy to do this. Then used trial version of nitro PDF and cropped away happily. Looks so much better. Also got rid of pages numbers so is quite readable now.

Got a pocket travel guide ebook that has double PDF scanned pages. Havent managed to figure out how to split mutiple pages down middle. Was designed to be printed out rather than read on ebook. Anyone know which tools may help do this? thanks
Code at I love cabbages not available and has been given DMCA takedown notice.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 04-09-2009 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Added link
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote