Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-02-2013, 09:51 AM   #1
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Kobo Glo + Free Sleep Cover Sale

At Powell's.com

Kobo Glo + Sleep Cover $129.

I just ordered.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:27 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I think you'll like the Sleep Cover.

It works better, though, when the Kobo Glo is inside it.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2013, 06:44 PM   #3
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I think you'll like the Sleep Cover.
What's the point of a Sleep Cover with the Glo/Aura? Is it so the LEDs will shut off immediately?
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:26 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
What's the point of a Sleep Cover with the Glo/Aura? Is it so the LEDs will shut off immediately?

1) Closing the cover puts the unit in sleep and turns off the light.

A convenience factor.

2) Too, it protects the unit and keeps lint and debris off the screen.

3) Gives a nice edged area to hold the Kobo Glo.

Don
Old 05-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #5
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I love the sleep cover on my Paperwhite. I just wish the Glo sleep cover was as slim and form-fitting. But for free, I'll take it

And they've shipped....so some time next week. I think they are coming USPS Parcel.

Last edited by booklover6; 05-03-2013 at 09:03 AM.
Advert
Old 05-04-2013, 08:07 PM   #6
itisbomb
Addict
itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 4
Indigo offer free cover with purchase of Kobo Glo/Touch

Indigo is running a promotion. You will get free cover with a purchase of Kobo Glo or Touch.

It doesn't say on the main web page. But once you click "Buy Now", you will see the offer.
itisbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Where have you been, my friend?

We've got this promotion going right over here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=212134

--- Now merged.

Don
(Moderator)
Old 05-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #8
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
Sleep covers are awesome! I'm the kind of person that will squeeze in a minute here, a minute there, to read. With a sleep cover, you open it right to the page you were on, and when you are done, you don't have to worry about going to the home screen or pressing any buttons, just close the cover. Saves time, and is reminiscent of reading a paperback. I have a sleep cover for my Paperwhite and my Kobo Mini. I prefer to buy devices with this available feature from now on.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:42 AM   #9
RZetlin
Addict
RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RZetlin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD (RIP)
Future Shop - Glo + Sleep Cover = $124.99

Future Shop is having a sale where you can get the Glo and Sleep Cover for $124.99.

I already have a Glo and an non-sleep cover, but it's a still good deal.
RZetlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #10
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
glo and touch - free cover via Kobo thru May 16
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:37 AM   #11
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

*sigh* still no Kobo Glo. Last info shows it in Warrendale on the 8th. Usually when something shows up there I get it the next day. I am so disappointed! This was shipped via UPS Mail Piece something or other....which means they ship it to Ohio, Then give it to the US Post Office. So I know the Post Office has it, as their distribution center for my area is Warrendale PA.

Hopefully tomorrow will be my lucky day.

If I'd known it would take this long, I might have paid for UPS shipping!

update--finally arrived 5/11, about a week after I ordered. Definitely worth the wait, I love it.

Last edited by booklover6; 05-11-2013 at 08:25 PM.