Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-13-2011, 03:46 AM   #1
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Best place to purchase battery in UK?

My beloved prs 505 has finally given up the ghost regarding its battery. I have thought about purchasing a new reader, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with the one I have and I haven't yet seen another model I like more.

Recently I've been using it while its plugged in (I have a Sony charger) as it rarely leaves the house, it's too precious! But I'd like to replace the battery.

Does anyone know somewhere in the UK which sells the battery along with the tools to do the job, a bit like the package sold by NewPower99.com in the U.S.?

I noticed a huge difference in the prices Amazon UK were charging for Sony prs 505 batteries: £10, and the much higher prices charged by NewPower99.com: $25. Anyone any idea why there's such a huge difference? It crossed my mind that Amazon might have a "cunning plan" to get Sony owners to switch to Kindle when their "new" battery didn't do the job

I've got a computer/gadget friend lined up to do the job for me. I'd feel a little too much as though operating on a loved friend and would drop all the screws!

Thanks.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:24 AM   #2
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
Have you checked eBay, I'm sure you will find plenty of them for sale on there.

And the replacement instructions can probably be found on YouTube.

Good luck.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
battery, united kingdom, where to buy