Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-10-2011, 08:11 PM   #16
feenix1363
Lost and clueless
feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Glo, Kindle for Andriod, Kobo for Android
You can get the Sony software from the Sony forum, get it installed ready
feenix1363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:42 AM   #17
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Does UK version come with HP books on?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2011, 06:49 AM   #18
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Occording to the Sony UK site, my T1 has been delivered. 3-5 days for delivery? Well who am I to argue with next-day delivery.

Can't wait to get home and find out.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:38 AM   #19
feenix1363
Lost and clueless
feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've had an email from City-Link stating delivery today, so looks like next day delivery may be standard.

@Astra - I've not seen anything about the HP books on the Sony UK site, so its doubtful.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:40 AM   #20
Insalata
Zealot
Insalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Sage, iPad
I've had a City Link email saying it will be delivered today too, though their site shows it's sitting at Cribbs Causeway. Maybe they'll do an afternoon run?
Insalata is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2011, 07:42 AM   #21
feenix1363
Lost and clueless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insalata View Post
I've had a City Link email saying it will be delivered today too, though their site shows it's sitting at Cribbs Causeway. Maybe they'll do an afternoon run?
City Link are notorious for not updating their status very well. Could well be that its already out on the van.

I've got no-one at home this morning, so unless they try and deliver in the afternoon I'll be picking up from the depot in the morning.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:48 AM   #22
Insalata
Zealot
Insalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it is

Now you mention it, my last experience with City Link was that their site showed the delivery had been refused (maybe they went to the wrong address, but it certainly wasn't refused at my house). It sat in their depot for a month while I sent multiple emails to Amazon, who kept telling me that City Link would contact me. Eventually, without making any attempt to contact me, they returned it to Amazon (France), who refunded me. I re-ordered, using the post this time, and it arrived safely a couple of days later.

Lets hope they do better with this one.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:50 AM   #23
Firedb
Enthusiast
Firedb began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Note 8 rooted
City Link delivered my Red T1 today at 11.20am. I'll see it later this afternnon when I've finished work!
Firedb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:50 AM   #24
feenix1363
Lost and clueless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insalata View Post
Now you mention it, my last experience with City Link was that their site showed the delivery had been refused (maybe they went to the wrong address, but it certainly wasn't refused at my house). It sat in their depot for a month while I sent multiple emails to Amazon, who kept telling me that City Link would contact me. Eventually, without making any attempt to contact me, they returned it to Amazon (France), who refunded me. I re-ordered, using the post this time, and it arrived safely a couple of days later.

Lets hope they do better with this one.
I've had the 'ghost-knocker' at my door on a couple of occasions. Since I put up obvious CCTV cameras he doesn't seem to call as often

EDIT

Mine's just arrived, I'll have it when I get home tonight.

Last edited by feenix1363; 10-11-2011 at 08:08 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:42 PM   #25
Insalata
Zealot

City Link are maintaining their normal standard of service, it seems. They sent me an email last night to say they would deliver between 7:30 and 17:30 today, but their tracking showed it staying in the depot all day, and nothing has arrived. I wonder if they'll feel like doing anything tomorrow?
Old 10-11-2011, 12:47 PM   #26
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I never got any email from City Link and had no tracker available if something went wrong. Luckly they did deliver it to me and I'm now a proud owner of a PRS-T1.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:51 PM   #27
Insalata
Zealot

Have you had time to play with it yet? Are you pleased with it?
Old 10-11-2011, 01:00 PM   #28
ghostyjack
Guru

Not yet, I plan to have a quick once over of it either tonight or tomorrow to make sure it's ok and then I've go to put it away until the 24th as this is a birthday present from my family to me and I've been told I need to forget about it and not see it until then.

The only reason I able to look at it now is the fact that I'm the only one able to check it's ok, and they wanted to make sure it dosn't need to be returned as defective. Leaving it till my birthday might be too long for a return.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:01 PM   #29
Insalata
Zealot

I'll check it over for you if you like . I happen to have some free time while I wait for mine .
Old 10-11-2011, 03:01 PM   #30
diddy
Connoisseur
diddy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
I got mine delivered today. I quickly uploaded some books and me first impressions are good. Page turns and operation in general seem to be quicker than on my previous 650. The Sony Reader ebook store isn't live yet ... ideally they should have got it ready for the T1 launch.
Overall the device feels lighter as well (as expected). Some users said that the screen is a bit brighter, but it just seems the same to me as on the 650.
It would be really nice if it had a built in RSS reader as well, but, well, I can just use the browser therefore.
My main hope is that Sony catches up with Amazon in terms of service they over (Whispersync etc). So I am looking forward to the opening of the Sony Reader book store to see if Sony is progressing service wise as well (and not just hardware wise).
diddy is offline   Reply With Quote