Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 01-27-2011, 10:26 AM   #1
Mikko
Edge User

Question App for a calendar-contacts program that allows import of .csv,.aba,.vcf,.vcal, .dba?

I am still using my Palm Pilot for my contacts and calendar information.
I understand that the Edge doesn't allow for the import of this information with the resident contact program.

Does anyone know if there is an app that I can install that can import these contact and calendar files so that I could eliminate my palm. I've used it for years and it syncs so well with my desktop and keeps me from wasting time re-entering complete data in multiple devices. I'd like to use the Edge for that but I haven't been able to find an app that works well on the Edge and imports this data easily.

Any help is appreciated.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:30 AM   #2
borisb
Edge User

Take a look at this thread perhaps: http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...ll=1#post13948.

Advert
Old 01-27-2011, 12:41 PM   #3
Mikko
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
Take a look at this thread perhaps: http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...ll=1#post13948.
Thanks for this. It seems that these are import programs and I'm needing an actual calendar and contacts program that will work on the Edge that will allow the import. The current apps on the Edge will not allow the import of any data. It seems that this is a basic function that is still a challenge.

Old 01-27-2011, 01:01 PM   #4
fgruber
Edge User

Those programs will import the vcf into the default contact program in the Edge. After you do that the contacts are available in any program that can access the default contact application like the mail application for example. For calendar if you use google Calendar (or you can import the palmpilot calendar into google somehow) then you can use calengoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko View Post
Thanks for this. It seems that these are import programs and I'm needing an actual calendar and contacts program that will work on the Edge that will allow the import. The current apps on the Edge will not allow the import of any data. It seems that this is a basic function that is still a challenge.

Old 01-27-2011, 01:18 PM   #5
Mikko
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgruber View Post
Those programs will import the vcf into the default contact program in the Edge. After you do that the contacts are available in any program that can access the default contact application like the mail application for example. For calendar if you use google Calendar (or you can import the palmpilot calendar into google somehow) then you can use calengoo.
Thanks. I guess I'll try the programs for the imports. Edge support told me that I would not be able to import any data of any kind into the calendar and contact apps that are on the Edge.

Let's hope it works. Thanks.

Advert
Old 01-27-2011, 03:57 PM   #6
Dr. T
Edge User

Please let us know what you find!

Old 01-27-2011, 04:21 PM   #7
Mikko
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. T View Post
Please let us know what you find!
I definitely will. Not much luck yet.
How surprising that this should be an issue at all. Having flexibility with an address book and a calendar would be basic,...... one would think.
But there I go thinking again......

Old 01-27-2011, 05:03 PM   #8
fgruber
Edge User

I did try "Import contacts" to import a vcf from my google address book and now I have all my contact from google in the edge's contact application. So if this doesn't work for you let us know what is the problem.

I'm not sure what is the issue with the lack of syncing with google apps. In theory Android is supposed to be able to sync gmail, calendar, and contacts. Let's hope the Froyo update will solve some of this issues as well...

Last edited by fgruber; 01-27-2011 at 05:07 PM.