Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 03-07-2010, 05:43 AM   #1
BeTePoK
Guru
BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
New screen for sony PRS-505 urgently needed!

Hello, forum heads!
Well, I broke my reader's screen I was reading and accidentally put my elbow on it, and heard a loud "CRACK!" Reader works well, but I need to replace the screen.
So, if anyoune could help - please leave a reply in this thread!
I miss my reader...

UPDATE: Could also buy broken or just not working PRS-505 ereader with good screen. Thanks!

Last edited by BeTePoK; 03-08-2010 at 02:53 AM.
BeTePoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:02 AM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Wouldn't it be easier to buy a new reader than try to replace the screen. Do you have the capability to do it yourself?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:10 AM   #3
BeTePoK
Guru
BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Wouldn't it be easier to buy a new reader than try to replace the screen. Do you have the capability to do it yourself?
Thanks for advice, kennyc but unfortunately my budget is limited and I probably won't be able to buy the new reader till September. As for changing the reader's screen myself - I have found russian forum, where they say that it is possible and one of the forum members agreed to help me with it. All I need is new screen.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:10 AM   #4
niledi
Enthusiast
niledi began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader PRS-505
pm sent
niledi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:26 AM   #5
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeTePoK View Post
Thanks for advice, kennyc but unfortunately my budget is limited and I probably won't be able to buy the new reader till September. As for changing the reader's screen myself - I have found russian forum, where they say that it is possible and one of the forum members agreed to help me with it. All I need is new screen.
I understand. I am very unsure what it would cost and what the effort involved might be.

Good Luck!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:29 AM   #6
BeTePoK
Guru

Thanks!
The most difficult will be to disassemble the reader and take broken parts away from it. I have found few service manuals, so I hope it could help me
Old 03-08-2010, 02:56 AM   #7
BeTePoK
Guru

UPDATE: Could also buy broken or just not working PRS-505 ereader with good screen. Thanks!