Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-07-2013, 10:15 PM   #1
DocSouth
DocSouth , Klaatu Barada Niktu!DocSouth , Klaatu Barada Niktu!DocSouth , Klaatu Barada Niktu!DocSouth , Klaatu Barada Niktu!DocSouth , Klaatu Barada Niktu!DocSouth , Klaatu Barada Niktu!DocSouth , Klaatu Barada Niktu!DocSouth , Klaatu Barada Niktu!DocSouth , Klaatu Barada Niktu!DocSouth , Klaatu Barada Niktu!DocSouth , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Paperwhite
Logoless PW cover

So I have a pet peeve.
Logos.
I hate them.
I don't know why, I just do. On my clothes, my car, my kindle. I loathe them.

I'm looking for a kindle cover, I ordered one off of Amazon but it had a logo that was not in the picture, so I am thinking of returning it.

So I'm looking for a new case.
Masculine, brown (leather or faux leather), auto sleep/wake (or at least modifiable to make it so), under $30, WITHOUT ANY LOGO.

Any suggestions gang? I have looked all over Amazon without any success.

Last edited by DocSouth; 05-08-2013 at 07:22 AM.
DocSouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:47 AM   #2
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
I have a logo allergy too
I got a blissfully unbranded, cheap (£10) slim cover with auto sleep/wake from ebay UK but the seller only ships to Europe so that's not going to help you unless you know someone who could ship it on to you. Not fantastic quality obviously but it's OK and I only used it while I was waiting for my Oberon anyway

Edit: for reference, it's this one Several colours available

And just came across these which are shipped worldwide

Last edited by Yolina; 05-08-2013 at 05:29 AM.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:22 AM   #3
DocSouth
DocSouth , Klaatu Barada Niktu!DocSouth , Klaatu Barada Niktu!DocSouth , Klaatu Barada Niktu!DocSouth , Klaatu Barada Niktu!DocSouth , Klaatu Barada Niktu!DocSouth , Klaatu Barada Niktu!DocSouth , Klaatu Barada Niktu!DocSouth , Klaatu Barada Niktu!DocSouth , Klaatu Barada Niktu!DocSouth , Klaatu Barada Niktu!DocSouth , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Paperwhite
Thank you Yolina, I knew I wasn't the only one

Your finds have given me a great starting point, I'll look through EBay and see what I can see. I just discovered Joe V. Leather and they look comparable in uniqueness to the much lauded Oberons, so one day when I have some cash, I'll probably buy one of those.

I appreciate your help!
DocSouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:31 AM   #4
Jwing
Enthusiast
Jwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindle PW
There is this one. http://dx.com/p/lichee-pattern-sleep...e-brown-174387

I own one of this but mine is blue. It has the hibernation function and fits the device perfectly.
Jwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #5
SquiddOhio
Connoisseur
SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.

Device: Kindle Touch
The Oberon covers are the antithesis of logo laden wraps.
SquiddOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #6
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
But, when you open the cover, any cover, there on the black frame it says, "Kindle". My god, what will those afflicted with OCD do?

I had never noticed a logo on my Amazon cover and it took me a moment to find it. The cursed logo on the device just jumps right out, though.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:02 AM   #7
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
But, when you open the cover, any cover, there on the black frame it says, "Kindle". My god, what will those afflicted with OCD do?

I had never noticed a logo on my Amazon cover and it took me a moment to find it. The cursed logo on the device just jumps right out, though.
I have a skin on my Kindle

In all fairness, whilst I really dislike branding and logos in general and try to avoid them whenever possible, I don't systematically cover/remove them from everything, it depends on how (un)obtrusive I find them - the one the Kindle itself is way too annoying. I know what I've bought, I don't need to be reminded. And if manufacturers expect me to be a walking advert for their stuff by slapping in-your-face-branding on their products then they can pay me for it

Last edited by Yolina; 05-11-2013 at 04:42 AM.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote