Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 08-10-2019, 06:05 AM   #1
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ONYX M96
Problem with August version

HI,

I downloaded and installed the August version. I set the 100 value for touch interval. After the change, I have big problems using pop up and top menu.
I touch and nothing happens, or - with pop up window - I'm not able to select a button (the window moves and the button is not pressed).

Fabrizio
fbrzvnrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 06:07 AM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Do you mean the hold interval? 100 is very low — the default is 500, after all — but on most devices tapping quickly should still work. If not on the Iliad then perhaps we should consider a device-specific minimum of 200.

If you can't manage to reach the relevant menu then you can always delete or adjust the relevant setting from settings.reader.lua:

Code:
    ["ges_hold_interval"] = 100000,
Be sure to keep a backup of the file just in case.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 08:53 AM   #3
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Actually I set 100 the hold interval to highlight text with the same speed I use when I highlight text on paper based book. I tried to set 200, it is better for menu and pop up windows, but it is not good as 100 for fast highlight text and there are still problems with pop up windows.

To be honest I think this is a bug: the hold interval for touch has to be related to interaction with ebook's elements in pages, not with Koreader GUI...

Thank you for the answer

Fabrizio
Old 08-10-2019, 09:49 AM   #4
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If I understand correctly you'd like to highlight without delay. In that context talking about hold seems like a bit of a distraction. Because if it's difficult to tap in the menu since it's easily interpreted as hold, then it's just as difficult to tap in the document because it'll be interpreted as hold.
Old 08-10-2019, 10:53 AM   #5
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
If I understand correctly you'd like to highlight without delay. In that context talking about hold seems like a bit of a distraction. Because if it's difficult to tap in the menu since it's easily interpreted as hold, then it's just as difficult to tap in the document because it'll be interpreted as hold.
oh, maybe I translated incorrectly: but in this thread I understand it was related to gesture's interval:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=313772

Fabrizio
Old 08-20-2019, 06:49 AM   #6
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic

Nothing, sorry, I have a *lot* of problems with August version, I uninstalled it and I installed the April one. The "gesture's interval option" make strange things, sometimes the bottom menu pops up without I had touched it, sometimes the App become slow and slow, strange multiple refresh of the screen, the TOC takes minutes to show itself... Maybe can be related to Onyx firmware, maybe with 4.0.4 Android, but the April build is the last I can use to read with Onyx M96
Old 08-20-2019, 09:08 AM   #7
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Obvious question is obvious: And what happens if you don't modify the default intervals? .

(Which, after all, are the default, and extremely generous specifically to deal both with crappy input devices, and slower humans ).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-20-2019 at 09:48 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 09:46 AM   #8
Frenzie
Wizard

The stuff about April might suggest an especially buggy Android device, see https://github.com/koreader/android-...ncher/pull/170

But yeah, complaining that you don't like your own gesture intervals is pretty weird. Just put 'em back to the default!
Old 08-20-2019, 10:15 AM   #9
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic

I tried, I put 500 value again. But the troubles continued. It was *really* strange: more I was reading and using it, more it became slow. Flipping pages in "browser file" took more than 60 seconds for each page(!), asking for TOC took minutes, and often failed... the April version looks like a turbo in comparison.
Old 08-20-2019, 10:49 AM   #10
Frenzie
Wizard

Definitely not an interval issue then I'm afraid.

If you're willing to waste some five minutes installing/uninstalling, there should be a new nightly (afternoony?) with https://github.com/koreader/android-...ncher/pull/170 included within a half hour.

It sounds similar to the problem described in https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/5221

Edit: now available at http://build.koreader.rocks/download...78_2019-08-20/

Last edited by Frenzie; 08-20-2019 at 01:06 PM.
Old 08-21-2019, 06:51 AM   #11
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Definitely not an interval issue then I'm afraid.

Edit: now available at http://build.koreader.rocks/download...78_2019-08-20/
I just tried. Koreader goes stuck on "Browser File".
Old 08-21-2019, 01:35 PM   #12
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrzvnrnd View Post
I just tried. Koreader goes stuck on "Browser File".
Thanks for reporting. I was not aware I introduced a nasty bug : https://github.com/koreader/koreader-base/pull/951

Should be fixed in the next nightly.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 02:25 PM   #13
Norbi24
Connoisseur
Norbi24 doesn't litterNorbi24 doesn't litter

Device: Tolino Vision HD4, BOOX Poke2
Guys, bad news, I have just tried http://build.koreader.rocks/download...78_2019-08-20/
on both Tolinos, one with FW10.1 (ICS) and 2nd FW 12.2 (KitKat).

1. On ICS, the first startup brought the same bad behaviour - menus and TOC took 4-5 seconds to appear, then I rebooted again, and it looked better ... menus were working fine. But ... I left Tolino on the table untouched, with KoReader showing the book, and suddenly popup appeared informing me in German, that "your Tolino is in the moment busy, please be patient ..."

Then I clicked Windows close button and then KOReader crashed/disappeared ... and this is repeating always as I start it - it shows one page od the book, and after a few seconds it crashes again.

On KitKat, the first startup seemed to be Ok (menus + TOC smoothly), but again the same thing with the popup from Tolino ... after Ok click, KOReader crashed ... This version is some sort of unusable
Norbi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 03:35 PM   #14
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbi24 View Post
Guys, bad news, I have just tried http://build.koreader.rocks/download...78_2019-08-20/
on both Tolinos[...]
Could you please read the post that is JUST above your last one? Thanks

Also do notice that logs are usually more valuable to understand bugs and fixing them than just verbal feedback because the feedback is usually not precise enough to understand what happened.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 03:44 PM   #15
Norbi24
Connoisseur
Norbi24 doesn't litterNorbi24 doesn't litter

Device: Tolino Vision HD4, BOOX Poke2
OK, next time you will get the logcats. I probably haven't refreshed the browser window and thus haven't seen your last post about the new bug while writing mine, will try tomorrow again
Norbi24 is offline   Reply With Quote