Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-12-2016, 04:40 PM   #1
huelvy
huelvy began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92 / Kobo Aura HD
M92 freezes when I connect it to USB (PC doesn't detect it)

Hello.

I have searched about this specific problem, but I haven't found a solution.
The problem is: when I connect the ebook to the PC using the USB port, it charges the battery, but the computer doesn't detect the M92 and the ebook freezes completely. Even disconnecting the USB cable, I have to reset the M92 to make it work again. I think it is strange that the M92 freezes when I connect it...
I have tried a pair of USB cables and several USB ports in 2 PCs (one of them running Windows 7 and the other one Windows 10) and the eBook always freezes and I have to reset it. The PC never detects the eBook.
I have the firmware 20131204.
Is there any way to know if this problem is because a hardware fail or because a software/firmware fail and solve it?

Thanks.
huelvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:19 AM   #2
pochopsp
Connoisseur
pochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox M92 & Nova Pro
I had this problem connecting the e-book with my PowerMac g4, but it did not freeze. It was only that the computer did not detect the e-book. I was using the original USB cable and a USB hub. After trying directly into the computer USB port it worked fine. As regards windows, it may be a driver problem. It happened to me in the last that several computer did not detect a device, after trying other ones, it worked. Sometimes windows has driver problems
pochopsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2016, 12:38 PM   #3
huelvy

Thank you for your answer, pochopsp.

I have tried all USB ports in 3 Windows PCs (this morning I have tried with another one), but the results are the same: M92 freezed and have to reset to make it work again.

I don´t think that it is a PC driver problem, because the PC doesn´t detect any hardware (that is, the problem isn´t that I can´t install or use a new detected hardware; it isn´t detected, the PC doesn´t react in any way when I plug the ebook) . If I am wrong, please, tell me.

I don´t think neither that it is a problem with the M92 USB connector, because when I plug it, the ebook starts to charge and it freezes (when I plug only the charger, the ebook works normally). Again, if I am wrong, please, tell me.

Any idea?
Old 09-13-2016, 03:46 PM   #4
pochopsp
Connoisseur
pochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheesepochopsp can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox M92 & Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by huelvy View Post
Thank you for your answer, pochopsp.

I have tried all USB ports in 3 Windows PCs (this morning I have tried with another one), but the results are the same: M92 freezed and have to reset to make it work again.

I don´t think that it is a PC driver problem, because the PC doesn´t detect any hardware (that is, the problem isn´t that I can´t install or use a new detected hardware; it isn´t detected, the PC doesn´t react in any way when I plug the ebook) . If I am wrong, please, tell me.

I don´t think neither that it is a problem with the M92 USB connector, because when I plug it, the ebook starts to charge and it freezes (when I plug only the charger, the ebook works normally). Again, if I am wrong, please, tell me.

Any idea?

I don't think you are wrong, as you tried many times with different cables. I am a newbe with this device as i bought it just some weeks ago. But if i were in your shoes i would reinstall the firmware. I have the 1.7 firmware and USB connection with my PCs works fine.
pochopsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 03:48 PM   #5
huelvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pochopsp View Post
I don't think you are wrong, as you tried many times with different cables. I am a newbe with this device as i bought it just some weeks ago. But if i were in your shoes i would reinstall the firmware. I have the 1.7 firmware and USB connection with my PCs works fine.
Thank you, pochopsp.

Finally, I think it is a hardware problem. There is no way to connect the M92 via USB. Several cables, USB ports, PCs, trying to update it... No way. Even trying to use the service mode and Mfgtools I can not get it to work.

At least, I can charge the battery and load the books using the SD card...
Advert