Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-23-2015, 10:21 AM   #16
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Well, an updated Aura is definitely possible... the new Nook Glowlight Plus has similar hardware to what people are proposing here. For $130US I believe.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 10:25 AM   #17
milady133
Groupie
milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Hisense A5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus View Post
I'm asking this for my own personal curiosity, and so it is NOT being asked in any official capacity whatsoever, but what price point would one be willing to purchase the aforementioned MiniGlo (with or without the HD / H2O capabilities).
I wouldn't mind paying the same as for the Kobo Glo HD for a Mini with light and better screen, given they maintained the size which is perfect for my bags and coats.
But I'm not the common buyer. The Mini got popular when they drop prices trying to get rid of stock. Although that was my entry device to the Kobo world...
milady133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2015, 05:06 PM   #18
peterwardgd
Addict
peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peterwardgd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura
yes an updated aura...with audio! still surprised there aren't more mainstream ereaders with the ability to play audiobooks. (via headphones only is fine!) Whatever the future brings please lets not get rid of the microsd slot on every model.
peterwardgd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 07:50 PM   #19
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
I'm asking this for my own personal curiosity, and so it is NOT being asked in any official capacity whatsoever, but what price point would one be willing to purchase the aforementioned MiniGlo (with or without the HD / H2O capabilities).
I'd pay 15$ more than original Mini.
Bring a headphone jack to it and you have me worship you.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 01:29 PM   #20
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I'd pay $139 or $149 US.
Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected View Post
I'd pay at least $149 US
Ghosh! It is bad enough all the markting with ***9 and **99 prices. Have we customers fallen into the trap or are you really not willing to pay $150 (which the "at least" seems to deny)?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2015, 01:53 PM   #21
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Ghosh! It is bad enough all the markting with ***9 and **99 prices. Have we customers fallen into the trap or are you really not willing to pay $150 (which the "at least" seems to deny)?
More likely it's customers speaking in terms that the corporation will accept as price points. We know that 149 is not really different from 150, but they'd price it at either 149 or 159 if we said 150, so to get 150 we use 149.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 04:08 PM   #22
SusiQ
Enthusiast
SusiQ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1
Quote:
Up to $200, if they just please, PLEASE keep the micro ad card slot!
I should add I prefer the size of the Aura, not a mini. My Aura HD is slowly dying and when I went to buy the Aura, it is sold out

Last edited by SusiQ; 10-26-2015 at 04:11 PM.
SusiQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 04:33 PM   #23
WolfBack
Zealot
WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.

Device: Kobo Aura 6'', Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Glo HD
I wish for a hybrid of aura/gloHD/H2O reader.
Flush-capacitive 6.8'' 1080x1430 screen, 300dpi and waterproof.
I'm just dreaming...
WolfBack is offline   Reply With Quote