Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-19-2020, 02:51 PM   #1
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Firmware 4.21.15015

Firmware 4.21.15015 has been released. Links.

Automatically posted by kfwproxy.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 03:03 PM   #2
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Eagerly awaiting davidfor's usual firmware update post...
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 03:28 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Kobo Firmware 4.21.15015

Kobo firmware 4.21.15015 has been released. As of May 19, 2020, it has been released to the Kobo Touch A/B, Kobo Touch C, Kobo Glo, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Touch 2.0, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 v1, Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 v2, Kobo Aura ONE, Kobo Aura ONE Limited Edition, Kobo Aura Edition 2 v1, Kobo Aura Edition 2 v2, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Forma, and the Kobo Libra H2O. It has not been released to the Kobo Mini. The affiliates used to check these firmware versions were: kobo, bestbuyca, fnac, beta, rakutenbooks, and the walmartca.

Download Links

Official Links: You can also try the generic links at your own risk:
Generated by kobofirmware by Patrick Gaskin (geek1011). Source Code
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 03:34 PM   #4
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

reserved
Old 05-19-2020, 03:48 PM   #5
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
I've updated my Aura One to this new FW. One of the changes is related to Overdrive so as a test I borrowed a book on the device, it downloads fine but tells me it is expired. When I check the same book on my Forma (not updated yet) it tells me it expires in 13 days. A bug or a fluke?
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 03:49 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post
I've updated my Aura One to this new FW. One of the changes is related to Overdrive so as a test I borrowed a book on the device, it downloads fine but tells me it is expired. When I check the same book on my Forma (not updated yet) it tells me it expires in 13 days. A bug or a fluke?
Check that the time/date is correct on your KA1.
Old 05-19-2020, 03:58 PM   #7
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Just checked and the date and time are correct on my Aura One.

Tried another book, same behavior, expired on the updated Aura One, 13 days left on the Forma.
Old 05-19-2020, 04:07 PM   #8
jiminrussell
JimInRussell

Tried borrowing a third book, again same behavior, expired on the updated Aura One and fine on the not updated Forma. Also checked on my non overdrive supported devices, they also are not updated yet but they download the books and give me 13 days as usual.

Would be curious to see if anyone else is having the same issue on a device that supports Overdrive.

Going to try one more test, to borrow from the web site rather than the device and see if the behavior changes or not.
Old 05-19-2020, 04:14 PM   #9
jiminrussell
JimInRussell

Borrowing from Web browser on my computer gives the same results, expired on the updated Aura One, 13 days on my other devices which have not been updated. My vote is for a bug in this firmware, a rather severe one for anyone who uses Overdrive.

Edit: Installed the FW on my Aura HD and don't have this issue with expired Overdrive books, so maybe only a bug with the Aura One? Or do I have something odd going on with my Aura One, anyway, no more tests and I am going to stop talking to myself until someone else with an Aura One tests this. Maybe I just need to reset my Aura One.

Last edited by jiminrussell; 05-19-2020 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 05-19-2020, 04:47 PM   #10
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post
Borrowing from Web browser on my computer gives the same results, expired on the updated Aura One, 13 days on my other devices which have not been updated. My vote is for a bug in this firmware, a rather severe one for anyone who uses Overdrive.

Edit: Installed the FW on my Aura HD and don't have this issue with expired Overdrive books, so maybe only a bug with the Aura One? Or do I have something odd going on with my Aura One, anyway, no more tests and I am going to stop talking to myself until someone else with an Aura One tests this. Maybe I just need to reset my Aura One.
Is it possible that your Aura One has a database corruption issue? If you have calibre with davidfor's KoboUtilities, you can use the Database => Check database to check for issues.

Even if nothing shows in the database check, you might want to try backing up your Kobo reading stats, etc., signing out of your Kobo account and then signing back in.

I'm not seeing this issue on a Forma, Clara HD or Aura One.

Last edited by DNSB; 05-19-2020 at 04:51 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 04:57 PM   #11
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
This update did not fix the kepub regression with failing up update menus when changing from graphic to textual content, or vice versa.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 04:59 PM   #12
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
I wonder if we will see any tweaks in preparation for a new model.
Any hints about what's to come?
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 05:01 PM   #13
deleted2
Member Retired
deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdmk View Post
Eagerly awaiting davidfor's usual firmware update post...

And patch updates from geek1011.
deleted2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 05:31 PM   #14
geek1011
Wizard

Patches.
Old 05-19-2020, 05:51 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
That's fast. Thanks.

Tags
firmware, firmware release