Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 01-25-2009, 04:17 PM   #16
quickhand
Connoisseur
quickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheesequickhand can extract oil from cheese

Device: Hanlin V3, Sony prs-505, Hanwang n516
As previously stated, Cybook development is currently stalled because of a lack of Cybook-owning contributors. So, think of it like a download: if the rate is 0, the ETA is infinity (though that doesn't mean it will never be done, of course!)

DDHarriman, I see that you also have a Sony PRS-505. The port for the Sony is advancing steadily (can be monitored at http://openinkpot.org/wiki/PRS505DetailStatus, though I don't know how often it's updated).
Old 01-25-2009, 04:33 PM   #17
lunohod
OpenInkpot developer
lunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toys

Device: N516,V3,PRS505,iLiad,eSlick,E60,K3,K4NT,M90,PB912,KoboMini
this photo was taken by delphidb96 two(?) months ago. there was no progress since that.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:45 PM   #18
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Thank you both, once more, for the clarification.

I’m keeping an eye on both platforms (Cybook and Sony) until I see something Hanlin (and clones) owners are enjoying.

Best regards,
Old 01-25-2009, 04:56 PM   #19
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
I just tested the image. .mobi files are not displayed and .t2b files are displayed... I also see what you mean about the speed. The navigation was pretty slow sometimes.

I looked a bit on the Wiki. I did setup a Linux development environemnt for just testing applications on Linux a while ago. But then I got sidetracked with other things.

What I feel is missing is instructions how to build new images for and rootfs for the Cybook. Being able to do some changes and test on the Cybook would be very good in term of motivation.

I also tested using the irc channel a while back and I understand that it is good and motivational if you work everyday with this. But I kind of miss some framework for information spreading were you can work on it once a week or so. An updated wiki or a forum or a mailing list seems much more suitable for this.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:36 AM   #20
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Thank you for the answers and the clarification. I didn't know the difference between 512MB and 64MB Cybooks was only storage memory - or rather, I think I read somewhere false information that it also means more operating memory for the 512MB Cybook.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:04 PM   #21
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
If I knew there was a developer seriously interested in the project, I would gladly contribute with a donation to help you guys get a Cybook to work with.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:10 PM   #22
alehel
Zealot
alehel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I would use paypal to donate money when I get my next paycheck, if there was someway that I could know that the money I was donating was going towards the cybook effort. If a cybook is actually aquired, will there be someone in the team who will actually start doing work on it, or will it just sitt gathering dust untill a new developer comes along?

Maybe you could start a chipin for the cybook just like you did with the sony 505.

Last edited by alehel; 02-17-2009 at 05:17 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:21 PM   #23
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
If I knew there was a developer seriously interested in the project, I would gladly contribute with a donation to help you guys get a Cybook to work with.
Just go here and click on the Donate button. When you get sent to Paypal for the donation amount, enter in the comments section that you want your donation to go to the purchase of a Cybook. Any money donated without a particular comment directing what it should be used for will be used to buy a Sony PRS-505 for development.

Given that we may well be seeing a Txtrdr and a Papyrus coming to market soon, I expect we may want donations for those (and a Kindle 2 - although just getting a 1st-gen Kindle may be sufficient) as well.

Derek
Old 02-18-2009, 01:32 AM   #24
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
Actually we already overwhelmed by the devices to play with, including two cybook-like ones - our kernel guys just can't handle it all. So the best donation would be bringing kernel guru and linux distribution developers to the project
Old 02-18-2009, 01:34 AM   #25
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

We've collected enough funds to buy device to tinker with to the kernel developer who wants to join the project (providing he/she has commits in Linux kernel - just to verify the identity).
Old 02-18-2009, 06:23 AM   #26
alehel
Zealot

Makes me wish I was a programmer. Unfortunately, my meager 1 year education only involves tech support . Hoping to study programming at some point though.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:24 AM   #27
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder

Hey, you can help by spreading the word to the developers/sysadmins/hackers you know!
Old 02-19-2009, 05:48 PM   #28
alehel
Zealot

Don't personally know any developers, and I certainly don't know anyone who reads enough to spend time developing reading software.

I will look into translating the wiki to norwegian though. That should be ok. It's already been translated to danish, so the hard work is already done.