Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-08-2010, 09:23 PM   #16
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Personally I hate PayPal because I always seem to have trouble with my credit card(s) and then get a lot of junk mail afterwards from PayPal.
Still I did manage to donate.
And will do so again.
Also PayPal seems so anonymous. Not sure why.

What I can't understand is why one of the ereader manufacturers does not distribute calibre with the device with a small library. Kind of like Nero with DVD writers. A licensing fee would perhaps provide a steady income for years.

While I like the personal feel of communicating with the calibre developer and his development team, and this might disapear if they became moderately wealthy I think a living is not enough for such a great piece of software
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:18 PM   #17
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Well considering that before calibre took over my life, I was on the road to becoming a physicist (typically earning about $12k a year in India), money has never been a very important consideration for me.

The way I see it, as long as I can do something I love, the money needs to only be enough to live.

Don't get me wrong, if all of calibre's users decided to donate and make me a millionaire, I would be thrilled, but if not, no big deal.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2010, 11:17 PM   #18
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Don't get me wrong, if all of calibre's users decided to donate and make me a millionaire, I would be thrilled, but if not, no big deal.
I just donated, I want to say to my grandkids that I knew him before his first million.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:56 AM   #19
BASEBALL BILL
BASEBALL BILL
BASEBALL BILL began at the beginning.

Device: nook
I have donated but I can't get the Heart Icon to go away. Why!
The info I found on the Internet makes no sense.

Please help. I can't use the program with the Heart still in the toolbar.

Thanks
BASEBALL BILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:54 AM   #20
brewjono
Zealot
brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASEBALL BILL View Post
I have donated but I can't get the Heart Icon to go away. Why!
The info I found on the Internet makes no sense.

Please help. I can't use the program with the Heart still in the toolbar.

Thanks
Go into Preferences and Toolbar and you will see the two columns. The one on the left (available actions) is what is available and the one on the right (current actions) is what is currently displayed on your toolbar. Select the Donate "heart" and press the blue arrow to send it back to the left column. You can use this for all your toolbars. At the top you will initially see Main Toolbar. You can change this for when your device is connected in case you want different buttons displayed when your device is connected.

Brewjono
brewjono is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert